Page 1 of 134 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

NOTE - ***This is an Episode 7 related topic, pictures are out of the episode 7 set so therefore not really a spoiler however keep in mind this thread may contain ep7 info that could spoil the movie. Please tread lightly as spoilers maybe present, if your avoiding news or pictures please leave this thread now***

So as we've seen during the week that everyone's favourite ship is currently being built on the set of EP7 and then JJ has also posted a picture of the holo chess table on set to confirm it. So with that said Hasbro will no doubt be releasing it in the next few years (late 2015/16) as they've already made a decent big Falcon a few years ago and all they'd have to do is some minor changes to reflect the new movie version.

Would you be likely to pick this vehicle up? For those that have the existing version is there enough room for 2 in the collection? Thoughts about seeing the Falcon toy possibly again?

So, how are we going to handle this GNT? Even if you don't go inside a thread one can still see the title of the threads when accessing the general discussion section and that is a spoiler. Can we keep the toy section as spoiler free as possible? Meaning that everything related to Ep VII to be discussed in the film section? Or can a section for EP VII toys be open separately and those like me that would like to avoid it can just hide it? Thanks!
    Que la Fuerza te acompaņe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

And back on topic - Pass.
    May you live in interesting times.

A Millenium Falcon is a Millenium Falcon... not interested in acquiring another overpriced one that looks "aged".
    Beware the dark side of The Force.

I already own the "Ultimate" falcon, so no need to buy another.

IMO, if the Falcon was going to be in EP7. Then there should surely be some modification done by then. What use could it possibly be now, w/o them? It was old enough in ROTJ, I can't imagine it would be of any use 30 years later. So it should look slightly different than what we saw in ROTJ. Also, why build a new model of her, when the old one still exists? Not to mention, if it's only got a cameo or short time in the movie. Why not just use CG for it? I have to believe that if they're going to the trouble to build a scale model of teh Falcon, it's not going to look the same as she did back then.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Also, why build a new model of her, when the old one still exists? Not to mention, if it's only got a cameo or short time in the movie. Why not just use CG for it? I have to believe that if they're going to the trouble to build a scale model of teh Falcon, it's not going to look the same as she did back then.
    Telling isn't it? If they're going to all that trouble to build it I think the old girl might have a pretty big part to play. They did say Solo would be a "major" character didn't they?
    Also, looks like this wont be thew only new Falcon we will see
    TheForce.net: New Rumor Has Disneyland Getting A Millennium Falcon, Ewok Village, And More

As a Millennium Falcon focus collector, this is great news as it means there will be a lot of new toys around 2015/2016.

As as for the age of her, meh. A civilisation as advanced as the Star Wars galaxy would build their ships to last. Besides, some of our nations planes are still flying after 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    As a Millennium Falcon focus collector, this is great news as it means there will be a lot of new toys around 2015/2016.

As as for the age of her, meh. A civilisation as advanced as the Star Wars galaxy would build their ships to last. Besides, some of our nations planes are still flying after 30 years.
    Agreed Rodders, Australia has only recently donated the last of the C130 Hercules to Indonesia - I beleive , and they were built in the 60s (designed in the 50s)....

Could there be a new Studio Scale (or near as) Replica around the corner??

I hope so. I've already started saving because there will be toys aplenty once the movie is released.

Page 1 of 134 1231151101 ... LastLast