Page 2 of 169 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Poe's X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron

This is te only vehicle I really want and it would more than be welcomed. Although I do prefer the white/blue from the teaser, I wouldn't mind the black/orange ones from the leaked pics either.

Oh, I'm sure that we'll get both. Once Hasbro has the mold, they'll paint it every way they can...

I just hope the TFA vehicles aren't the tiny undersized junk we're getting now...
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Quote Originally Posted by TK_842 View Post
    This new X-Wing is garanteed to be released. I just hope Hasbro won't go the easy route and downsize it for budget purpose. Besides, leaked images showed several paint schèmes, that will certainly be a big incentive for Hasbro to invest in a mold they can sell multiple times with slight repaints.
    I agree, and I really hope they don't ruin the new X-Wing with horrible firing missile on the wingtips too.

Quote Originally Posted by my_kind_of_scum View Post
    Oh, I'm sure that we'll get both. Once Hasbro has the mold, they'll paint it every way they can...

I just hope the TFA vehicles aren't the tiny undersized junk we're getting now...
    I hope they have both a kids priced scale ($15-$20) and a "collector's" scale for ($60-$100).

My guess is there'll be a Saga Legends shrunk down version and that's it though. Possibly 2.5" like GotG.

2.5" figures. Nothing like producing fiures that can use old Kenner M.A.S.K. vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhawk View Post
    2.5" figures. Nothing like producing fiures that can use old Kenner M.A.S.K. vehicles.
    For kids, I think they're really rad. I loved M.A.S.K as a kid. There was kind of a whole 2.5" figure boom I seem to recall... Starcom, Eagle Force, some others...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Be38--tRs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatt View Post
    Well, if you check the blueprints or cross-sections from the vehicles, you'll see that the nose of the X-Wing contains the sensors, proton torpedoes tubes and storage, and a lot of electronic equipment related to the cockpit. These things need some space, and I don't see them fitting in this model as the nose looks way too short.

Here's the old X-Wing for reference :
    We have phones in out hands that are smaller and more powerful than most big, bulky desktop model computers. All of that in less than the 30 year time span between these trilogies. So why can't the tech in the Star Wars universe evolve as well?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    So why can't the tech in the Star Wars universe evolve as well?
    Because it's meant to DEvolve. That's why you have graceful, sleek vehicles in peacetime Naboo replaced with bulky, angular war machines as design becomes of secondary importance and fighting escalates.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Because it's meant to DEvolve. That's why you have graceful, sleek vehicles in peacetime Naboo replaced with bulky, angular war machines as design becomes of secondary importance and fighting escalates.
    Those ships belonged to the Naboo Queen's security though, not a rag-tag rebel alliance. And as fighting escalates, there's always a constant need to push out newer and better tech. I'll agree that maybe their production levels won't be too high, but from a design point of view, there's enough differences in what we see so far to believe it's been 30 years.

There really should be new tech in the galaxy, maybe like on Coruscant and other surrounding planets but backwards places like Tatooine I can understand being stuck like it was in the OT, you don't really need all the latest gizmos on a sandy planet. While it's nice to keep it all looking the same to help visually tie OT and ST together, the ST does need to sink it's feet into the current universe and set new trends instead of just living in the past.

I'd say we'll get several X-Wings in the new line, I just hope Hasbro gets it right the first time.

Page 2 of 169 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast