Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rogue One" - December 16, 2016

If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

Here's the official announcement from StarWars.com: Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta Onboard for Star Wars Stand-Alone Film | StarWars.com

I'm excited for Edwards directing (I enjoyed Godzilla, myself), but am extremely skeptical about Whitta, to say the least. He was a co-writer on After Earth.

Wow, Gareth is living the dream!

Maybe he'll be the next big director in Hollywood.

Disney just hired a known prequel and SE hater lol. He also didn't like CW. At least he has taste.

Gary Whitta Attempts to Delete His Special Edition & Prequel Bashing Online furiousfanboys.com

That guy worked on The Book of Eli, After Earth and Telltales the Walking Dead. There might still be hope since he work on that video game.

I just hope they don't let him near Boba Fett! I'm really not sure what his major qualification are, outside of Godzilla being a hit ATM. I'm fine if he tackles Han Solo, I have no interest in that anyways. He can do anything he wants to the OT, but if they branch out into other genre. Not so much.

I didn't think After Earth was written that bad, the basic story was good. It suffered from bad performances, and lack of depth. Maybe even lack of Direction.
    Also thought Book of Eli was decent, plus he's done some other good stuff. So i'll give Whitta benefit of the doubt.
    And to be honest, there's nothing wrong with being Anti-SE or PT. It juts means that you're not a fan of BS, and will opt for quality story lines! So I see no need to distance yourself from those comments.

Oh, and I'm really getting annoyed at being logged out every 5 minutes. What's up with that?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    Disney just hired a known prequel and SE hater lol. He also didn't like CW. At least he has taste.

Gary Whitta Attempts to Delete His Special Edition & Prequel Bashing Online furiousfanboys.com
    he sounds like my ****ing hero. I can forgive After Earth.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Gary Whitta is a loser. I do not want him part of the Star Wars universe.

I'd say getting to write a Star Wars film made him a winner, actually.
    Despite his provenance, he is still preferable to Filoni (who I can only guess you like from your avatar).
    May you live in interesting times.

Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast