Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi Temple Guard - SL17

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    Liked the look of the character as soon as I saw them in CW series so likely at least get two to do some Sentry duty.

As for the (likely) 5 POA - as pointed out they don't really need it to look right so for me if the paint and sculpt is good enough I'll forgive 5 POA in a modern figure this one time.
    Ditto. As soon as I saw these guys I wished they hadn't abandoned the CW line. Def in for at least one.
    (several, if SA). Not trying to stir up that debate, just my opinion.
    MTFBWY

As much as I like the look I guess, they looked too derivative of Darth Revan and I dont like the idea of Jedi all of sudden using double bladed lightsabers and Jedi temple security in the series were rather ambiguous as to whom they served and what their function was aside for being basically walking statues that dont speak. Faceless and characterless seems out of place for the Jedi Knights.

Not sure but the revamped looked of Darth Bane looked more like a genetic Sith Warrior, as from the concept art it looked like he or they were gonna wield some sorta lightsaber staff but with a yellow-orange curved blade. CW seems to have been introducing curved lightsaber blades of and even light bows, and the lightwhip(from marvel).

edit as it should read:

"Not sure but the revamped look of Darth Bane looked more like a generic Sith Warrior, as from the concept art it looked like he or they were gonna wield some sorta lightsaber staff but with a yellow-orange large curved blade. CW seems to have been introducing curved lightsaber blades of and even light bows, and the lightwhip(from marvel)."

The biggest issue with them is where the * were they when Vader and the 501st were attacking the Temple? This character concept is one of those that we can pick apart and bash relentlessly for not making sense but they look cool so screw it.
    R.I.P. PETER MAYHEW

Of course they really don't make sense all around, Jedi shouldn't need guards to begin with. Not to mention that glaring problem of where these guys were when the Temple was attacked by Clones. You don't see any of them laying around dead like the Jedi were. This is why making stories that tie in with what already came, but set in the future is difficult. But as you said they do look cool.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by RhyYees View Post
    They are sentries, so it's not as if they require a full range of motion to stand at attention, right? Right?
    Yeah, I guess.

But wouldn't it be nice to be able to perform the simplest kind of alternate stances, which even the most basic of modern articulation would offer?

I mean, even some ball-jointed elbows would be nice.

Either way, provided I can find them, I'll be picking a couple of these guys up.
    Hey there Hasbro, Ben Skywalker, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Generation42 View Post
    Yeah, I guess. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to perform the simplest kind of alternate stances, which even the most basic of modern articulation would offer? I mean, even some ball-jointed elbows would be nice. Either way, provided I can find them, I'll be picking a couple of these guys up.
    See, this pic is depressing. We all know the figure will have straight arms and look like an extra standing around waiting to film a scene. We'll never be able to recreate even the simplest of stances as seen on the show.
    You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

I agree, I don't want ten to twenty figures all posed the exact same way! In fact I don't think a 5POA figure will even be able to achieve that pose pictured above.
    Unless they sculpt the arms fixed in that position. The best thing about this figure is going to be the Yellow Saber blades!!!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I'm just hoping they don't cheap out on paint. This character design has a lot of little details that might get overlooked. For example the metal chains on the belt. After all they didn't paint Boba's Jet pack.
    R.I.P. PETER MAYHEW

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I agree, I don't want ten to twenty figures all posed the exact same way! In fact I don't think a 5POA figure will even be able to achieve that pose pictured above.
    Unless they sculpt the arms fixed in that position. The best thing about this figure is going to be the Yellow Saber blades!!!
    Nope. We won't even be able to produce the most basic of "action" poses with these figures. They will either stand there with their arms at their sides, or posed with an arm or two straight out in front of them, and either way, it will almost certainly be impossible for these guys to hold a two-handed weapon like this saber staff with both hands without looking utterly silly.

I mean, I prefer full SA, but I'm trying to conceptualize some sort of compromise, and like I said, to recreate that picture, it wouldn't even require 14 POA, just the addition of some simple ball-jointed elbows would likely suffice. But could we even get that much? Nope, too much to ask, I suppose. Why? Well, because... oh, I don't know, I guess the kids don't like elbows?

And I know the idea is to keep this a discounted line, but what would the addition of bj-elbows really cost?

I don't mean to moan and complain about it every time I post about one of these 5 POA figures. Honest. But when the only available option for any given character is limited to 5 POA, I just can't help it. The discounted line, I think, should be only for figures also offered in SA form. Offer us the option for SA versions of figures like the Temple Guard, Hasbro, and I'll shut up.

But again, I'm a good little soldier. I'll still wind up looking to buy a couple of these guys to display with my PT-era Jedi. It's just a shame that the Temple Guard won't (IMO) be as good a figure as it could be.
    Hey there Hasbro, Ben Skywalker, please!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast