Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Find and My New Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by greedodidntshoot View Post
    The whole lot was accompanied by a letter that was appropriately entitled "KENNER'S" describing the work that he did at Kenner and the story behind the pieces that I had purchased. The experience was amazing. I hope you all enjoyed hearing about it. I'm still going through everything and will be offering up a lot of my find (doubles..etc) here on RS in the near future. Thanks for reading.
    People who worked at Kenner -- and even people who live in Cincinnati -- tend to call the company "Kenner's" for some reason.
    Ron Salvatore (rsalvatore11@hvc.rr.com)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

Congrats Gary another awesome find. I didn't think you could possibly better the first one but you did!
    WTB: Palitoy ROTJ 65 back Stormtrooper

Another sweet score!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Always looking for vintage store displays, vintage shipping boxes and Jawa items.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077974/ My feedback Thread

A true Star Wars success story!!! Congrats.

Sounds like you were also able to help him get through a tough time with his wife's health.
    A great story all around and a testament to hard work and good old fashioned "collector's karma"!
    Best part is, you got to share it with your Dad!!!
    "A Death Mark's Not An Easy Thing To Live With"

What a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Unreal story! Congrats on the score and kudos to you being there for the guy! Sounds like it was a good start to a long-lasting friendship.

Wow - amazing find! Congrats! And those are some very valuable 3 packs in the lot!

Turk
    My UZAY website - http://www.uzaystarwars.com
    Those who don't step up, lemon juice in their nose -jedibabu.

Dude, you gotta tell us what you paid for the lot...I think I speak for everyone when I say it's killing me not to know.
    My collection
    Need High Grade Offerless ROTJ 65 Backs: Ugnaught, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Soldier - 77 backs: FX-7, Luke Bespin, Orig Leia
    Follow the 'Chive Cast on Twitter

Great story and from what I saw from the Plastic Galaxy docu those guys do love to talk Kenner. Nice score of items to say the least. Care to share a list of what items were pre-prod / EP in time? Just out of interest (heck, show us better pictures when you can). Also smart you contacted others with experience contacting former employees, very smart.

-Alex

that is an epic haul, well done on so many levels!
    *Pray. For. Mo-Jo.*

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast