Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: My Find and My New Friends.

Your welcome Gary its been a pleasure & always great to find out more about the sandwich bagged figures lol, its the reason I find baggies so absorbing, as there is just so much still to be learned concerning them & it really drives me & keeps my interest, collected all sorts of vintage over the years loose/loose variants/ships/MOC/die cast etc but nothing has really grabbed me & held my focus & constant interest like they have, you either love them or hate them, I have found my path & will no doubt be treading it for many a year to come if not for life.
    "If there's a bright spark to the centre of the universe we're on the planet that its furthest from"

My feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t995973/

late to the game on this one, but WOW. Great find, great story. congrats!

Haven't added anything in a while and noticed this oddity while looking through the MOCs from the lot. They are the same card backs, but the one on the left has way more purple coloring than the other. Anyone have any ideas? I don't own another DSD to compare to see what it should look like. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    -Gary

Looking for ESB era First Shots - I have great trade items.

Hey Gary - I think its just an over-saturation of color on your example. If you look at the ESB logo, the nameplate, etc, the colors are all slightly off from the one on the right. To me, this suggests there is just a slight difference in the fashion each card was printed, or perhaps sun/environmental exposure later on altered one more than the other.

On the other hand, I've been known to have no idea what I'm talking about cheers,

Turk
    Last edited by turkdlit; 04-26-2014 at 10:54 AM.
    My UZAY website - http://www.uzaystarwars.com
    Those who don't step up, lemon juice in their nose -jedibabu.

I'm just starting to get back into vintage collection after a many year absence, and I love the fact that there are still finds like this turning up. Thanks for sharing!. I'm incredibly jealous, but also very happy for you. Congratulations.

Yup, I agree with Turk : )
    Like we talked about, less Cyan and more Magenta on the left and more Cyan and less Magenta on the right. This is a printing thing with the CMYK inks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) on press. Some colors can be pushed harder then others. I believe the 2 examples were pulled by the Kenner employee because he worked in Product Integrity. He probably saved the examples because the colors were off. That's my 2 cents : ) I don't think this had anything to do with the environment or exposure to light.....
    -Steve

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213