Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Find and My New Friends.

Please delete
    Last edited by exciter; 03-28-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Amazing find and thank you for sharing the story. The pictures are wonderful. I would love to see a Kenner documentary made sometime in the near future, while these employees are still alive to tell their stories. I would hate for this great history to be lost. Their work has touched so many lives and many fans/collectors want see them get the recognition they deserve. There are so many more stories and finds out there that haven't been discovered yet. I hope to hear and see more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    Amazing find and thank you for sharing the story. The pictures are wonderful. I would love to see a Kenner documentary made sometime in the near future, while these employees are still alive to tell their stories. I would hate for this great history to be lost. Their work has touched so many lives and many fans/collectors want see them get the recognition they deserve. There are so many more stories and finds out there that haven't been discovered yet. I hope to hear and see more in the future.
    Already been done, welcome out of the cave.

plastic galaxy: the story of star wars toys
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_C View Post
    Already been done, welcome out of the cave.

plastic galaxy: the story of star wars toys
    Thanks, I have it. It's not a Kenner documentary. It's just Star Wars Kenner Toys w/ collectors insights from 77-83 and barely any POTF. Great doc, just not an entire Kenner retrospective.
    Last edited by exciter; 03-28-2014 at 02:25 PM.

I don't think there would be a lot of interest in Kenner beyond Star Wars. Certainly not enough to make a documentary on.

Cj
    WTB: Palitoy ESB Han Hoth, PBP Han Hoth (ESB & ROTJ)
    WTS: Rocket Firing Fett Missile. L and J slot available

Vintage Toy Archive: http://www.12back.com

Wow, totally missed this thread earlier! Really spectacular find, and great story. Goes to show there's still great collections out there when people put in the legwork.

Glad it was capped off with quality time with your dad and good stories from the seller.

Congratulations!

Todd
    Last edited by Todd_Chamberlain; 03-28-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Todd Chamberlain (todd@toychamber.com - e-mail preferred over private messages)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive (www.theswca.com)
    Collecting vintage Star Wars action figure items, Lili Ledy, vintage store displays, clothing, bedding, food-related promo items, and much more!

Quote Originally Posted by ronsalvatore View Post
    People who worked at Kenner -- and even people who live in Cincinnati -- tend to call the company "Kenner's" for some reason.
    Perhaps as it's local to them. Kenner's has a familiar feel. I do the same with some shops in my town.
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_tree777 View Post
    Is that crosshatch scratching on the back of Han part of the testing process, I assume?

Thanks for posting pics, great story!
    Wonder what the brown line on right leg of HRS is about ? And the dark marking on the back of Luke's head (next to Lando) ?
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Z View Post
    Wonder what the brown line on right leg of HRS is about ? And the dark marking on the back of Luke's head (next to Lando) ?
    That turned out to be a piece of debris stuck to his leg. It came off. Good eye though.
    -Gary

Looking for ESB era First Shots - I have great trade items.

One of the best collecting stories I ever read - thanks for sharing , and SO COOL that you got to share it with your pops.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast