Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: disgruntledjawa's collection

Fleet Admiral

Awesome display. I like the DareDevil bust.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

•    
    Great display love your marvel mini busts and the custom rebel pilot.

Very nice collection indeed. Love the way you displayed them

I figured I'd bring my collection thread back from the dead as I'm going finally be getting some IKEA Besta displays. Just need to coordinate with a friend for his help but it will be soon. Other than the pictures on the first page I figured I'd give a little preview of some are artwork that will be added to the X-wing collection.

I do have a display question. For those of you that have the IKEA Besta frames. When stacking frames is the double sided tape necessary if I'm planning on still anchoring each piece to the wall along with using the clamps on the back that connect the pieces. The reason I ask, I live in an apartment and am concerned that if I move in the future and I have to modify my lay out will the double sided tape damage the displays. Any comments or suggestions would be great.
    Really excited to finally be updating the collection again.
    Last edited by disgruntledjawa; 09-18-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    king_marvel on gentle giant collectors forum

My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072337/

These frames look really great!
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Artwork, frames, custom helmets...it all looks amazing. I assume you designed the frames yourself?
    Looking forward to seeing your display once you pick up your Ikea cabinets (sorry I can't answer your Ikea question as I don't own any).

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    Artwork, frames, custom helmets...it all looks amazing. I assume you designed the frames yourself?
    Looking forward to seeing your display once you pick up your Ikea cabinets (sorry I can't answer your Ikea question as I don't own any).
    Yes, I did the frames. They started out as cheap silver frames from Michael's. A little gray and red spray paint and some scrap-booking bumps on a glue strip for the rivets. The artwork is done by Joshua Budich, he did the X-Wing Jockeys print released by Acme about 5 years ago. I always liked the print but never got around to picking one up so I commissioned him to do Red Squadron for me. Happy with how they turned out.

Looking forward to the new displays. They will be replacing miss matched old ones and a broken one. I'm also going to limit my collection space to just those new displays that I'm picking up and one Ikea Detolf. Collecting is getting out of hand again. So some stuff will be getting sold off and as I think about acquiring new statues I'll have to think about what its going to replace in the collection. Plan on having one 90" x 50" display of Star Wars and one the same size for comic book related stuff, plus the detolf.

That custom mini helmet collection is kick *****, and I really dig what you did with those frames. Well done!. I'm still wanting you to do some of those helmets for me. Looking forward to see it all displayed in your Besta cabinets! We need more mini bust pilots!
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-18-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

The whole display is great, but looking back I love your Boba collection! Hopefully you have an update for that as well!
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    The whole display is great, but looking back I love your Boba collection! Hopefully you have an update for that as well!
    Boba collection has a few new additions. One is the GG Collector's Gallery statue another is the animated bust.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast