Page 3 of 321 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Hotwheels

I agree DD and Rev, we're going to be blitzed by OT vehicles for the next 18 months, until we start seeing Ep 7 designs. I just hope one day PT ships get revisited. I'd like some of the CW ships we've not seen to be produced too, but I can dream.
    formerly Boris :shame:

Boo. From this tease by Jayson over at Yakface it looks like the 1/64th scale portion of this line at least is just going to be some goofy SW character-themed fantasy hot rods. Oh well, it's nothing I need to collect so that's probably good.

Hopefully the starships will still be cool, but I am now wondering if they won't be closer to the 1/50th scale now, which I think is what DD and others had predicted.

At the dollar scale and size I would buy TONS of Star wars vehicles. Waves after waves could be made with so many designs. But i want mostly prequel stuff. I do want a bigger metal Venator though. That would be awesome.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

I'm fine with the OT getting some love. Although I liked the CW, I need a break from it and the PT for a good while.
    Dear Disney, if you want to bring back the SW Fan Club -contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendStrone View Post
    Boo. From this tease by Jayson over at Yakface it looks like the 1/64th scale portion of this line at least is just going to be some goofy SW character-themed fantasy hot rods. Oh well, it's nothing I need to collect so that's probably good.
    I'll second that boo, dude. More "goofy SW character-themed fantasy hot rods" would suck, that's what I get out of that pic, too. A friend sent me a diecast Disney 1/64 AT-AT Juggernaut (on 8 wheels) vehicle and it was pretty cool but I wasn't too fussed about the rest of Disney's earlier diecast offerings on that hotrod theme. The Yodamobile just wasn't my style.

Here's a spread I found online that will be featured in the next SW Insider magazine. Looks like we will be getting die-cast starships in 2015!! Read on....

LOOKING FOR:

Bosski's Feedback

Cool, thanks for that page, Boss. Here's how I read it:

- "simple but fun" starship display (stand?) that can sit on your shelf or attach to your finger (which one? ) to "fly" the ship

- playsets will "bring starships to life" utilizing expertise gleaned from making HW track sets (uh oh.)

- Totally separate 1/64 cars and starships lines (nice)

- Not clear if starships will have wheels (ack!) and what scale they'll be... but we'll see them all at SDCC

I think the Vader car's well done but I'll pass on the cars line unless they pop a few canon or EU vehicles into it, which seems quite doubtful.
    What do youze guys make of the news?

Hey, look at that. Excellent to get some news on this line. Thanks Bosski!

I agree DD, that Vader hot rod is actually quote well done, but it is also quite easy to ignore, just as the Disney Racers were before it. I'm only interested in on screen vehicles, not inventions. I'm happy to be able to leave this line to the HW car collectors to fight over.

But, the mini starship line is sounding interesting. The finger-loop display stands make them sound small. I had begun to think we'd be looking at 5" ship models similar to the 1/50th scale Trek range, but try wearing one of those on your finger. It makes me wonder if these won't indeed be somewhere between MMs and Titaniums in size, which catches my attention immediately. I pray they use the line as a way to deliver some ships we haven't seen a million times before and that they aren't too compromised by anything like wheels. I look forward to checking 'em out in person next month at SDCC. While I am sure there will be no shortage of phtotgraphy to gawk at online once the show starts, I'll be sure to take some snaps of my own to sghare when I get back.

Does anyone else immediately think 'Ring Raiders'?

I'm concerned about the direction they're taking but am happy enough to sit back and see what happens. If they go full-retard ala Tropic Thunder then I'll just keep my money in my wallet easy enough.
    And when he gets to heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Page 3 of 321 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast