Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Sabine Wren & Stormtrooper - MS08

Just to clarify the Biggs scenes in ANH:

-In the original 1977 cut of the film, Biggs was only seen as a rebel pilot during the Death Star battle scene. Luke mentioned him during the dinner scene on Tatooine, and if you were a SW fan & read the book & novelization, you knew they were friends prior toe the Death Star battle scene. Plus, they kept Luke's "Beggar's Canyon" line during the DS trench run, which was a reference only Luke & Biggs would "get".

-In the 1997 SE cut of the film, they included a previously cut scene of Biggs meeting Luke @ the Rebel Hanger. Excellent scene, and IMHO it both somewhat solidified the fact that Luke was a great pilot & added poignancy to Biggs' death during the Trench run.

-There is also a cut scene (never in any version of ANH) in which Biggs briefly meets Luke @ Anchorhead in the beginning of the film. He talks about going off to join the Rebellion, etc. I'm glad the scene was cut from the film, since it would have both ruined the solid pacing of the movie, and would also have created a timing issue - i.e., how could Luke meet Biggs in the beginning of the film in which Biggs is still @ the Academy (assuming this is an Imperial academy) and then, a couple of days or a week later, Biggs has already joined the Rebellion?! Possible, I guess - but still stretching it. That being said, I don't know how long ANH was supposed to last. I.e., from the time that the droids landed on Tattoine to the ending victory celebration on the 4th Moon of Yavin, how much time passed?! Possibly a couple of days, a week, or maybe a little longer. I don't know how time works in the SW universe.

In any case, currently, the best place to see this deleted scene is on the special features of the Star Wars Saga Blu-ray set (great set, but that's another thread).

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I could find this set? My son lost his Sabine, and I don't want to pay crazy eBay prices for a new one. It doesn't matter which helmet paint job it has. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Damore View Post
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I could find this set? My son lost his Sabine, and I don't want to pay crazy eBay prices for a new one. It doesn't matter which helmet paint job it has. Thanks.
    You'd have to pay too much right now. I would say hold off. Maybe she'll get re-released with the Force Awakens packaging. Otherwise, wait for her to be released featuring her new look.

Quote Originally Posted by Damore View Post
    Try Kohls.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Just to clarify the Biggs scenes in ANH

-There is also a cut scene (never in any version of ANH) in which Biggs briefly meets Luke @ Anchorhead in the beginning of the film. He talks about going off to join the Rebellion, etc. I'm glad the scene was cut from the film, since it would have both ruined the solid pacing of the movie, and would also have created a timing issue - i.e., how could Luke meet Biggs in the beginning of the film in which Biggs is still @ the Academy (assuming this is an Imperial academy) and then, a couple of days or a week later, Biggs has already joined the Rebellion?! Possible, I guess - but still stretching it. That being said, I don't know how long ANH was supposed to last. I.e., from the time that the droids landed on Tattoine to the ending victory celebration on the 4th Moon of Yavin, how much time passed?! Possibly a couple of days, a week, or maybe a little longer. I don't know how time works in the SW universe.

In any case, currently, the best place to see this deleted scene is on the special features of the Star Wars Saga Blu-ray set (great set, but that's another thread).
    The Biggs scene is ANH that was deleted was a great scene and I believe he mentions that he is a recent graduate of the Academy and that he and his friend are planning on deserting the Empire at their first port of call.

in the Radio Drama (Highly recommend getting these to all SW Fans.... added / deleted scenes and dialogue for the movies) Biggs is already at Anchorhead when Luke arrives there. the scene begins with Luke fixing a vaporator and witnessing the battle of the Devastator vs the Tantive IV over Tatoonie and rushes to Achorhead to inform Fixer (Tatoonie local / friend) about the battle. upon entering Fixer's dwelling he is reunited with Biggs who states that he got his commission as the Empire accelerated his courses and that he signed on with the starship Rand Ecliptic and is 1st Mate. later after Biggs and Luke leave Tosche Station Biggs confides in Luke that he and a friend are going to jump ship at their first port of call in the inner systems and join the Rebel Alliance.

if we look at this scene as 1 day in the movie, then the next day (day 2) Uncle Owen may have purchased the droids from the Jawa's. that night after Luke removes the restraining bolt from R2, R2 runs off to find Ben. (day 3) the next day Luke and Threepio track R2 in the landspeeder and meet up with the Sand People and Ben Kenobi, journey to Mos Eisley, meet Han Solo and begin the adventure that eventually leads to Luke reunited once again with Biggs in the Rebel Alliance hanger on Yavin IV.

I don't think the scene would have slowed down the movie at all and it would have set up for the emotional death of Biggs in the original cut of the film. the special edition made the death scene more emotional but again there was still a somewhat gap into these characters background/relationship. had they showed the scene at Tosche Station with Biggs I think the 5 minutes would have added to the film.

The Radio Drama for SW gave added scenes like the Tosche Station scene, Origins of Princess Leia, the Jabba the Hutt/ Han Solo scene (in which Jabba was replaced by a character called Heater he mentions hiring Boba Fett, there is more Jedi Training with Obi Wan, the interrogation of Princess Leia, a possible side plot of Admiral Motti informing Tarkin that he could use the Death Star to rule side by side with the Emperor, another scene with Luke and Biggs in the Rebel Hanger. some really great material. I think with all the scenes added to the Radio Drama it makes ANH 3.25 hours long.

they also did a Drama for Empire which makes it around 2.50 hours long and one for Jedi (which includes 2 scenes not in Jedi - one being Luke constructing his lightsaber in Ben Kenobi's house, and one of the Emperor conferring with Vader on Coruscant about the upcoming battle at Endor) and it's makes Jedi about 2.8 hours long.

I'd love if Disney and Lucasfilm would team up again with the BBC or something similar to them and give us Radio Dramas of the Prequels as well as The Force Awakens.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by jediblood View Post
    Try Kohls.
    Yep, this is your best bet - a Kohls store that doesn't get much traffic, might be the only retail location where you can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I'd love if Disney and Lucasfilm would team up again with the BBC or something similar to them and give us Radio Dramas of the Prequels as well as The Force Awakens.
    That would be awesome, specially "Awakens" (and I'm no fan of the movie). Imagine Kylo Ren's voice or the sheer terror of the people of the Republic planets when the huge blasts are coming.

It shouldn't be released as a podcast or some sissy mp3 to download from iTunes. A REAL old school radio transmission, then release it in any and all other formats.

I remember listening to "Return" in this format once. It felt a little awkward and busy at first, with the characters describing everything and all the sound effects, but you get used to it and after a while you are glued to your seat. I'm not sure, but I think most, if not all, the Star Wars cast was on it. I certainly remember Anthony Daniels.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen. After all, "Video Killed the Radio Star", remember?

I paid the ebay prices for this set. I managed to get Hera for an okay price, but a seller in Australia had Sabine and trooper for $30 + shipping. After losing three auctions for her that went above that, I figured I might as well go for it. It is easily double retail price, but she's the only member of the crew I don't have on the way.

This is a cool piece. I like how they made her with the trooper as well.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839