Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 389

Thread: Sabine Wren & Stormtrooper - MS08

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    Though we assumed these figures were coming eventually, that twitter protest spearheaded by Theresa Delgado got results!...From Yakface: Hera and Sabine figures to debut at SDCC
    Thank the Force for that news!
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Getting a "like Ahsoka, only worse" vibe from this. If they wanted a Mandalorian character for Rebels, it should have been Satine's nephew or someone like him, especially considering that that the only two sympathetic, named Mandos in Clone Wars with any appreciable amount of screen-time were both women.
    Sympathy has little to do with what makes the Mandalorians so iconic - it's the enigmatic armor, bottomless supply of weapons and general bad[donkey]ittude. Bo-Katan and Viszla had that in spades, Satine was basically Padmé re-imagined.

    I'm not sure where Sabine's going to fall yet, but we haven't really had any context for a Mandalorian graffiti artist either. I'm looking forward to seeing what she's capable of - but full disclosure, I'm also going easy on this character because she really reminds me of my girlfriend (Especially the hair).
    Collecting since 1996
    Lurking since 2006
    And still a n00b in the community.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RhyYees View Post
    Sympathy has little to do with what makes the Mandalorians so iconic - it's the enigmatic armor, bottomless supply of weapons and general bad[donkey]ittude.
    Not really relevant to my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhyYees View Post
    Satine was basically Padmé re-imagined.
    Or perfected. Of the two, she's by far the more interesting character, in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhyYees View Post
    I'm not sure where Sabine's going to fall yet, but we haven't really had any context for a Mandalorian graffiti artist either.
    The concept is a bad joke. What's next? A teenage Mandalorian skatepunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by RhyYees View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing what she's capable of - but full disclosure, I'm also going easy on this character because she really reminds me of my girlfriend (Especially the hair).
    And I'm going to go hard on her because (among other reasons) we've yet to see a T-canon, armour-wearing, friendly Mandalorian male recurring character yet.
    WTB/WTTF Star Wars Black Series 6" Han Solo "Mudtrooper" version (multiples).

  4. #14
    I like the look of her without the helmet. But after seeing the video not to big on her at all. Don't like Mando's in general. Hope she's not too annoying with her hip hop take no guff attitude. Bleh. First thing in rebels to hit my brakes so far.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

    Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

  5. #15
    I'm going to speak up on Graffiti's behalf here. What's the hate on it? Aside from being Mandalorian, and like the look of the character; I think it's great that someone can be vocal with writing or imagery. This is a time when the senate is purely for show, the Emperor won't give a damn about your opinion and general welfare of the galaxy. Not to get political here but if you want to send a message you could either hack some holo-feed or take it to public quarters and let it be seen by everyone with some writing. A present day event is the Trans-Pacific Partnership, almost no -one knows of it but plenty people have been vocal about it on the internet. A few graffiti artists here have done murals on the N SA spying and everyone should be aware about it.

    Now If anyone want's information about the history of graffiti, artists, and such, PM me
    I don't mean to derail the thread either.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfamousnicknaro View Post
    By extention, couldnt posting ANYTHING on an Internet forum be seen as "craving" attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    I really wouldn't want to be the girlfriend/wife of some of the members of this board ...

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticOne View Post
    I'm going to speak up on Graffiti's behalf here.
    Why are you capitalising "graffiti"?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticOne View Post
    What's the hate on it?
    It's not infrequently out-and-out vandalism, for one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticOne View Post
    Aside from being Mandalorian, and like the look of the character; I think it's great that someone can be vocal with writing or imagery.
    I think that Mandalorians would look on the idea of a soldier needing to "be vocal with writing or imagery", above and beyond the very direct message sent by blowing things up and killing people, as a ridiculous affectation, particularly post-Clone Wars, where the general character of Mandalorian society appears to be one of Teutonic orderliness. Come to think of it, Sabine's not exactly Mandalorian-looking either, with her elfin features, olive skin, almond eyes and strangely-coloured hair.
    WTB/WTTF Star Wars Black Series 6" Han Solo "Mudtrooper" version (multiples).

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    Though we assumed these figures were coming eventually, that twitter protest spearheaded by Theresa Delgado got results!...From Yakface: Hera and Sabine figures to debut at SDCC
    Just hope that the package will be great for the Rebels figures.

  8. #18
    Oh God, they're totally Poochie-ing this up.

  9. #19
    "Poochie"-ing is when one shoehorns a so-called trendy character into a series, yes? I'm not sure in what way Sabine's a Poochie. Because she's an urban artist?
    Collecting since 1996
    Lurking since 2006
    And still a n00b in the community.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    Oh God, they're totally Poochie-ing this up.
    That's actually one of the first things that came to mind when I saw/read about the character. Didn't mention it though because I wasn't certain how many would catch the reference.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhyYees View Post
    "Poochie"-ing is when one shoehorns a so-called trendy character into a series, yes? I'm not sure in what way Sabine's a Poochie. Because she's an urban artist?
    There's also an aspect of "designed by committee", which overlaps nicely with Sabine's design/character traits as revealed thus far.
    WTB/WTTF Star Wars Black Series 6" Han Solo "Mudtrooper" version (multiples).

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •