Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by wedgeswingman View Post
    You ever put photos of that up here? There's one that a guy built that's amazing, I'm sure you've seen it.
    Are you thinking about the man called Empire?
    Collecting since 1996
    Lurking since 2006
    And still a n00b in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by _Darren_ View Post
    Somebody stole the design from the Transport ship from 'V'...........

Somebody do a pic comparison to illustrate this please!!!

Darren

Its possible as I think that Sabine and her tagging is taken from V as well:

1980′s Mini-Series “V” 1:48 Shuttles by Cesar Villar Toro

The design of the Phantom seems on the simpler side, which I'm not saying is a bad thing. It definitely looks Star Wars-esque, and even a little more on the vintage side at that, like a few people said earlier. A little weathering and it would look good. The cockpit looks fairly plain though, especially after all the updated vehicle cockpits that Hasbro has done over the last 5 or 6 years.

To me it looks a bit like a toy from Fisher Price's toy line Adventure People, which is cool because it gives it that whole 70s retro vibe

The SW toy line needs some new ships after endless redos and repaints of existing OT and PT starships.

I'll certainly hope to pick this toy up if I get the chance.
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

Quote Originally Posted by kerra_holt_fan View Post
    To me it looks a bit like a toy from Fisher Price's toy line Adventure People, which is cool because it gives it that whole 70s retro vibe
    Oooh, good call on the Fisher-Price Adventure People! Great, sturdy, classic toys which still have a following, but have never experienced a nostalgia-driven rebirth like so many other 70's/80's properties.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    Oooh, good call on the Fisher-Price Adventure People! Great, sturdy, classic toys which still have a following, but have never experienced a nostalgia-driven rebirth like so many other 70's/80's properties.
    Yes a much underrated yet really cool toy line. I loved them as a child, they fit right in with Kenner's SW figures, plus and this was (and still is) very important to me Fisher Price Adventure People had a few more female figures in their line. Those figures looked like they fit right into the Outer Rim vibe from the OT, and their sturdiness should not be underestimated, that's why I preferred them over the much more fragile Joes. Plus they weren't military which fit more with the OT Rebels
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

I'll be on the lookout for this one. And I really hope we soon get a big Ghost to dock her in, too.
    Hey there Hasbro, Ben Skywalker, please!

I like this one as well. Did I read it right that you can put 2 figures into it?
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

I'll get one of these ships. its a neat design and looks great as a background ship. perhaps if I get the chance someday I'll design a diorama where the ship appears to have crash landed in the background of current Star Wars lore.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast