Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AT-DP

Here's the original 1979 concept sketch that this toy (and the Marvel Comics version) is based off of:

That looks like Joe Johnston's signature at the bottom, not Ralph McQuarrie's.

Anyways, I've always loved this design so there is a strong possibility that I might pick up this toy. I wish the legs were better articulated, but with all the issues Hasbro has had with that 2008 AT-ST mold, it's probably best if they leave off the articulation.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I like this one.
    Doesn't fit my purchasing criteria so I'll pass, but it's the only vehicle they've shown that I do really like.
    May you live in interesting times.

I'm surprised there's people balking at purchasing this just because of their bias against the Rebels cartoon. It's a large and impressively sculpted toy, and from a "different point of view" you can just consider it a concept toy rather than a Rebels toy, much like the various Concept figures we got a few years back, or the Expanded Universe concept Airspeeder and Snowspeeder from way back in 1998.
    Shabby Blue

Looks neat. Shame the legs won't have more articulation. On the other hand my K-Mart AT-ST's fall over constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Blue View Post
    I'm surprised there's people balking at purchasing this just because of their bias against the Rebels cartoon.
    Actually it's non-film media that I am against. And very soon to possibly become non-OT film media.
    Out of interest, do you conversely have no parameters whatsoever and therefore buy absolutely everything released?
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I wish the legs were better articulated, but with all the issues Hasbro has had with that 2008 AT-ST mold, it's probably best if they leave off the articulation.
    Having taken another look, I think you're right about the leg articulation. Probably better to stick with hips and ankles, like the little AT-RT from Clone Wars.
    Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Actually it's non-film media that I am against. And very soon to possibly become non-OT film media.
    Out of interest, do you conversely have no parameters whatsoever and therefore buy absolutely everything released?
    One can be selective and buy what you like without needing artificial rules that only allow for the purchasing of certain things.

is actually looks rather nice, might pick this up to use with realistic OT figures.

This is the one I've been hoping to see at NYTF, shame about the leg articulation, will definately get this and hope hasbro eventually brings out an SA Driver, I have nothing against the Rebels Show at present just 5POA.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    A new walker called an AT-DP will be in the vehicles line, pictures can be found here.

Any thoughts on this vehicle?

"Like" if your going to purchase one
    Sa-WEET!
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast