Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: C-3PO & R2-D2 - Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by Revanfan1 View Post
    I'm not averse to seeing the Organas, but that...that'd be pushing believability.
    It is, but I always wonder if I had crossed paths with my good friends today, sometime in the past.

As for Luke, his boring life on Tatooine didn't perk up until the droid auction. Boring storytelling. Leia and Han would have had much more interesting lives, though their paths would most likely have never crossed.

Since young Han is getting a stand-alone movie, Luke is boring, and the droids are part of Leia's circle; my guess is we will see something of her and the Organa clan.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I think what could be cool is if Rebels for instance has a story arc where Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie are all in the same episode yet they don't know each yet. perhaps the Organa's visit Tatoonie (Bail in search of the rebels leader) and stumble across Han and Chewie in Mos Eisley and a young Skywalker walks past on his way to Tosche Station.
    No offense, but it's stuff like this that makes me dislike so much of the EU. Why would Luke, Leia and Han need to have some kind of pre-ANH connection? Also, we don't need to see Tatooine become any more prominent in the Star Wars galaxy than it already is. For a planet that's supposed to be a remote, backwater wasteland it's been used way too much in the Star Wars films already.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Droidworld View Post
    It is, but I always wonder if I had crossed paths with my good friends today, sometime in the past.
    My wife & I went to the same college; her 1st semester was my final semester. We may have crossed paths, but didn't actually meet until 11 years later. Coincidences like that happen…

But yeah, Leia and/or Bail are pretty much givens at some point. I just hope they're far, far away from any appearances by others like Han/Lando/Chewie who shouldn't be anywhere near them.

For those interested, here are photos of an actual factory-made set, on display at Fan Expo in Toronto, in what seemed to be a Toys R Us booth.

No loose sample on display, or I would have taken a photo of that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    My wife & I went to the same college; her 1st semester was my final semester. We may have crossed paths, but didn't actually meet until 11 years later. Coincidences like that happen…
    Yeah, the odds of something like that happening are much better when two people live in the same country on the same planet; but when you're talking about an entire galaxy with thousands of star systems (probably more like billions, actually), then it's just too much coincidence in addition to what we've already seen in the Prequels and Clone Wars.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Animated C3PO and R2D2 look pretty good! They kinda remind me of the animated Droids cartoons of old!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    No offense, but it's stuff like this that makes me dislike so much of the EU. Why would Luke, Leia and Han need to have some kind of pre-ANH connection? Also, we don't need to see Tatooine become any more prominent in the Star Wars galaxy than it already is. For a planet that's supposed to be a remote, backwater wasteland it's been used way too much in the Star Wars films already.

Theres some deep human need to repeatedly find patterns. I seriously believe this is at the core of EU. This desire to endlessly raise the significance of every character and connect every character over and over in an attempt to find some irony and comfort in the pattern. It's the same thing that happens in romance novels. I can't stand it. Why would it be cool to have Han Luke and Leia unknowingly cross paths before ANH? Because it's ironic that they already met. Don't you get it? It's ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    i'd love to see a story arc or two that has a young Princess Leia (just to get a figure of her really) and a storyarc of a young Luke Skywalker (again for a figure of him) but basically i want the story to focus on new characters and not so much of the core characters.

I think what could be cool is if Rebels for instance has a story arc where Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie are all in the same episode yet they don't know each yet. perhaps the Organa's visit Tatoonie (Bail in search of the rebels leader) and stumble across Han and Chewie in Mos Eisley and a young Skywalker walks past on his way to Tosche Station.

Cant Hasbro just acknowledge a desire for a rebels version of Han Luke and Leia and release a Star Wars animated exclusive line of like 8 figures without Disney having to resort to some contrived story that includes them...just to make figures?

As a lover of all things droid, and number one fan of these two characters, I find the design of these kind of "meh". Have liked all previous animated versions better.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast