Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C-3PO & R2-D2 - Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by Droidworld View Post
    Threepio less so, but Artoo in particular is so close to realistic, compared to how "cartoony" the humans look. The Clone Wars aesthetic was more uniformly animated looking.

It is weird how Chopper and all the other characters look drawn, while the hero droids are so close to the film look. Not sure I like this artistic choice of theirs, but I'll be getting these figures because I love the characters.
    Maybe once we actually see 3PO and R2's character models they'll look more animated.
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that they're in the show, but for 10 bucks, sure, why not?
    Yeah, that's the big news for me, that they'll be in the show.

I guess maybe Captain Antilles and the Tantive IV will feature in the storyline?

Shoot, maybe even a young Leia Organa? Or am I getting my timelines mixed up?
    back from the netherworld

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    Yeah, that's the big news for me, that they'll be in the show.

I guess maybe Captain Antilles and the Tantive IV will feature in the storyline?

Shoot, maybe even a young Leia Organa? Or am I getting my timelines mixed up?
    Leia would be 14, about Ezra's age, on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Revanfan1 View Post
    Leia would be 14, about Ezra's age, on this show.
    Hmmm, very interesting...

I don't think it'll happen, though. My impression was that they won't be making much use of major OT/PT characters. But I could see them using just 3PO and R2, for continuity.
    back from the netherworld

Vader will probably appear, as he is the Inquisitor's superior. Similar to how Sidious appeared as Dooku's superior in TCW, or how Dooku did the same for Grievous and Ventress: usually as a hologram, but only appearing in person when it's about to get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    My impression was that they won't be making much use of major OT/PT characters.
    I would actually prefer it if they sidelined most of the major OT/PT characters. This way we actually get some "new blood" in the franchise and there's less risk of screwing up the continuity more than it already is.

If Rebels turned into the adventures of young Han Solo or teenaged Princess Leia, then I'd be much less interested in it. I can understand why Clone Wars needed to be about Anakin Skywalker, because Lucas did such a horrible job of establishing him as a heroic character in the Prequels. So they needed the TV show to fill that void in the story. However, there is no such void in the OT, so there is no need for the OT characters to be developed any more than they already have been. It's time for some fresh faces and new ideas.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

The droids are a given, they have appeared in nearly everything - I wonder who will 'own' them during this era. It will be interesting to see if they are with antilles, organa, etc or someone from the droids series that will bring them back to the core heroes. I expect to see some ot characters, but most will likely be cameos.

i'd love to see a story arc or two that has a young Princess Leia (just to get a figure of her really) and a storyarc of a young Luke Skywalker (again for a figure of him) but basically i want the story to focus on new characters and not so much of the core characters.

I think what could be cool is if Rebels for instance has a story arc where Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie are all in the same episode yet they don't know each yet. perhaps the Organa's visit Tatoonie (Bail in search of the rebels leader) and stumble across Han and Chewie in Mos Eisley and a young Skywalker walks past on his way to Tosche Station.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I think what could be cool is if Rebels for instance has a story arc where Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie are all in the same episode yet they don't know each yet. perhaps the Organa's visit Tatoonie (Bail in search of the rebels leader) and stumble across Han and Chewie in Mos Eisley and a young Skywalker walks past on his way to Tosche Station.
    I'm not averse to seeing the Organas, but that...that'd be pushing believability.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    The droids are a given, they have appeared in nearly everything - I wonder who will 'own' them during this era. It will be interesting to see if they are with antilles, organa, etc or someone from the droids series that will bring them back to the core heroes. I expect to see some ot characters, but most will likely be cameos.
    I don't think the Droids-style thing of them bouncing around to different owners will happen… it's stretching believability--even if it's R2 guiding them back--that they'd be left with the Organa/Antilles at the end of ROTS, then bounce around to different owners over the next 2 decades, only to wind up back with Organa/Antilles in time for ANH (they're droids, so the Force probably isn't guiding them--Skippy, yes, Artoo & Threepio, no).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    i'd love to see a story arc or two that has a young Princess Leia (just to get a figure of her really) and a storyarc of a young Luke Skywalker (again for a figure of him) but basically i want the story to focus on new characters and not so much of the core characters.

Part of me hopes that Hasbro & the Rebels crew will do something fun: figures of OT characters in Rebels time/style that they have no real intention of putting in the show, to satisfy those who wanna see said characters in the show that have no business being there (Luke) and provide toys for them, but without bogging down the story with needless movie-character tie-ins. Luke's probably never been to Mos Eisley before ANH (I was born in LA; I never went to Hollywood until I was in my 20s), and there's no reason (other that to track down Ben, which would be a stretch of its own unless the Force is involved) for the Ghost group to go out near the Jundland Wastes or anywhere near where Luke might be.

If they're involved in a dogfight with Imps overhead in view of Luke, similar to the deleted scenes from ANH, seeing an 'aside' of 14-year-old Luke watching that battle, then racing over to Biggs' house to try to show him, but the Ghost & any other ships are gone by then could be a funny little thing (with Biggs saying lines similar to what's said in the Anchorhead scene, about nothing worth fighting for there)… he's in the show, yet none of the main cast interacts with him or sets foot near the Lars Farm or Anchorhead or anything. But it'd still mean going to Tatooine, again, and holy crap I can't emphasize enough how much I want both Rebels and the ST to stay the hell away from that planet farthest from the bright center of the universe.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast