Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Agent Kallus - SL05

Does anyone else think he has a golf ball on his head?

I agree these names are moe up GL's alley, but since it's an all new beast. Maybe they should try something new with names?!

Sadly as cool as the figure looks, I'll pass. I probably don't have to say, that if he were SA I'd definitely buy him!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I thought he was a trooper when I saw the pics. Not terribly distinctive for a main character.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX3 View Post
    I thought he was a trooper when I saw the pics. Not terribly distinctive for a main character.
    He probably won't be a main character. The Inquisitor's second-in-command, probably. It's possible he'll die before the first season's out (not based on any rumors, just speculating).
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

He looks cool. I'll buy him.
    I've felt a disturbance in the Force, as if billions of wallets cried out in pain. TFA 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GAdmiralThrawn View Post
    He looks cool. I'll buy him.
    I concur. He looks great, and I will be purchasing him as well.

Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Exactly. We are literate here, thanks. It's just that it is getting tired and overused - hence my comment amount running out of words.
    If you think the names in Star Wars are tired and overused then it means you've outgrown SW, congratulations you're an adult, a grumpy old man, now go leave SW to the young (or the young at heart!)

Rebels and Star Wars in general is aimed at kids, it's not Shakespeare for Yavin's sake. it's for youngster who've yet to become jaded and cynical.

Star Wars has never been subtle, the names give you a clue, if the fact that the huge guy in the black armour and scary mask is the bad guy isn't clue enough, and that the girl in the white dress is the heroine. SW isn't about shades of grey, it's black and white, especially the OT.

For the record I like the look of this character, a real hark back to the Death Star Commander (see even in 1978 the names weren't subtle).
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

Quote Originally Posted by kerra_holt_fan View Post
    If you think the names in Star Wars are tired and overused then it means you've outgrown SW, congratulations you're an adult, a grumpy old man, now go leave SW to the young
    When I do it as a self-deprecating joke elsewhere it's OK and I'll go along with it. When I find this over here, it isn't, thanks.
    We all know how it works and that is part of the reason why we love it. The imaginatively-barren recycling of names and themes only goes so far until tedium hits and the fun is gone, however. Surely one can also credit youths with a capability to exercise discernment?
    May you live in interesting times.

Like any article, I'm sure that this one about the demise of LucasArts has it's share of both truths and inaccuracies, but this part seems relevant:

A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.
    “The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”
    !!!!!

Sometimes, I think that Lucas is an Andy Kaufman-esque cosmic prankster. I'm about 50/50 whether he was serious in this case, or just taking the **** in his ultra-dry manner--knowing that he'd leave the whole room in a state of befuddlement, but either way: Darth Icky!! "Agent Kallus" sounds subtle next to that, doesn't it?

I expect they misheard him dropping a big hint and he actually said Darth Mickey.
    May you live in interesting times.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast