Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ghost

Twilight. Thank you. I could not remember the name of the ship. And that thing looked like something out of a Dark Horse comic, but in a good way. It looked like a freighter-sized B-wing.
    "The truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Ben Kenobi
    If Disney truly wants series to succeed, it will put the shows on basic cable. I will not pay extra on an already high monthly cable bill to watch one show on one network.

Seems like no one asked hasbro whether this ship is a possible holiday item. Shame. I'd be interested to see what they had to say.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Wonder if they're holding a few things back for SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDub View Post
    Wonder if they're holding a few things back for SDCC.
    Of course they are. SDCC will showcase any store exclusives and 4th quarter 2014/1st quarter 2015 figure waves, as they have always done.
    Shabby Blue

Anything this big, even scaled way down, would need a 4th quarter push to be successful and that would start with a launch in late August. That doesn't preclude a SDCC debut, but given how conservatively they've been playing things lately and that in previous years the big vehicle was the Toy Fair centerpiece I think this might be wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX3 View Post
    Anything this big, even scaled way down, would need a 4th quarter push to be successful and that would start with a launch in late August. That doesn't preclude a SDCC debut, but given how conservatively they've been playing things lately and that in previous years the big vehicle was the Toy Fair centerpiece I think this might be wishful thinking.
    That's basically what my thinking on it was, too. Have any of these large vehicles in the past 6 years been announced outside of a big event (TF, Celebration, SDCC, etc.)? I don't know if this is false hope or what, but LFL seems to be using USA Today as their press office of choice for Rebels announcements, so I wonder if it's possible that they'd just drop The Ghost through a future article, and then convince the corporate buyers at big box retail to carry it behind the scenes.

Or, could it also be released initially as an exclusive? The huge TMNT Sewer Lair playset was a TRU exclusive for awhile before getting a wider release (only helped by TMNT toys being a huge hit); I could see that playing out again, specifically at TRU. TRU's model doesn't appear to be built around turning product over as quickly as Target and Walmart do, and they seem to be more open to taking gambles on certain products...it would also explain why The Ghost wasn't at Toy Fair, because at an event that exists to sell to retail, why bother with an exclusive that already has a home? We'll see, I guess...it could also be the most unsatisfying answer, which is that there is no plan for a 3.75"-scaled Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX3 View Post
    The tv show doesn't even premiere until the Fall, so they probably want to give it a year to see how successful the show and its toy line are received by kids before they invest in producing a large scale toy like this. If we ever get a Ghost toy, it will probably be between in Fall 2015 for Christmas sales next year, right before Episode 7 launches.
    Shabby Blue

I already have an issue in that the Phantom is essentially an accessory of the Ghost, but they will be sold separately from each other. It would be like selling each pod of a Cloud Car separately.
    "The truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Ben Kenobi
    If Disney truly wants series to succeed, it will put the shows on basic cable. I will not pay extra on an already high monthly cable bill to watch one show on one network.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    I already have an issue in that the Phantom is essentially an accessory of the Ghost, but they will be sold separately from each other. It would be like selling each pod of a Cloud Car separately.
    Hmmm... going with that approach, could mean peeps can purchase the cheaper Phantom, without having to purchase a larger, more expensive Ghost - so from a budgeting / low price POV, it makes sense to have seperate releases.

Having said that, who knows: perhaps a Larger Ghost starship would also include the Phantom as well... and it seems like there's no reason why Hasbro couldn't sell both the phantom as a Ghost pack-in, and as an individual release...

Jedi Temple Archives has the skinny on this.
    Apparently it's a no go for 2014 and a possibility Hasbro is strongly considering for 2015.
    Though I suppose one would seriously have to wonder why a TV vehicle would be the major push for the year of Episode VII...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast