Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hera Syndulla - Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticOne View Post
    I can only assume connecting all the point of the SW universe so what mystery remains is obliterated by familiraity between characters, worlds, and so on.

But I would not put it past them. It's clear with Rebels and the new trilogy, that Disney and LFL want to reach out to the OT familiar crowd.
    True, but giving us watered down versions of what we like isn't the best way to do that.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play" - Captain Kirk, Shore Leave (TOS)

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticOne View Post
    I can only assume connecting all the point of the SW universe so what mystery remains is obliterated by familiraity between characters, worlds, and so on.

But I would not put it past them. It's clear with Rebels and the new trilogy, that Disney and LFL want to reach out to the OT familiar crowd.
    If they want to reach out to us OT crowd, then how about showing us some pics of cartoon characters like young Leia, Bail Organa, Boba Fett, Bossk, Vader, etc... I'm going to need more than some Stormtroopers to really enjoy this.
    Looking to trade?
    My Feedback - My Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I remember wanting a Cham Syndulla figure from TCW, but unsure if I want her just because of the tie-in...
    I already have enough Twi'lek figures, honestly.
    A cham figure with blurrg beast would have made an awesome deluxe item. I'm looking forward to seeing this figure, I'm certain I'll want it. I hope blurrgs appear in rebels so we can possibly get that beast in plastic.

I love Twileks so, yes. I will be picking this figure up.
    I've felt a disturbance in the Force, as if billions of wallets cried out in pain. TFA 2015

I really hope Hasbro doesn't pull a Mattel and not include any female figures becuase the target audience (boys) won't play with them. Absolute crap, and I can prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doop View Post
    I really hope Hasbro doesn't pull a Mattel and not include any female figures becuase the target audience (boys) won't play with them. Absolute crap, and I can prove them wrong.
    I hope that's not the case as well - there was an Ahsoka rumored for the MS line which wasn't shown either. If Hasbro starts avoiding female figures, it will have a negative impact on fandom - for both young and old. Many females were CW fans, and I expect the same for Rebels, so they better be represented as action figures.

This is Disney. They aren't going to ignore the females.
    May you live in interesting times.

Yes but it's still Hasbro and LFL here, and they were always against female figures. The only time it would concern Disney, is if they came to them seeking approval for said figure. And most likely they wont get that far.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I am sure that LFL is now Disney in all but name. Witness the recent EU edicts and where it is all doubtless originating from.
    May you live in interesting times.

If Hasbro don't include some female characters in Saga Legends, Mission Series/Rebels soon, then I'm one long time SW fan and toy collector who stop buying their toys.

You can't have SW without Leia or Padme, and how much do Ahsoka figures go for on ebay? Hasbro never met the demand for Ahsoka figures, every single toy of Ahsoka vanished from the pegs really quickly, and just as quickly went for a premium on the secondary market.

I would never have wanted and played with SW figures as a child if Kenner hadn't included a Leia figure. I'm sure others feel the same. Leia was one of the first positve female role models in a sci-fi/fantasy film, she could look after herself, and often ended up getting Luke and Han out of trouble. A long way from the like of Fay Wray et al.

Leia led to the likes of Ripley and Sarah Conner, women who didn't need a male hero to come and save them, they were more than capable of kicking *** on their own.

Ashley Eckstein (among others) has really tapped into the fan girl community with Her Universe. Hasbro (or Lucasfilm or Disney or whoever) would be stupid to ignore female SW fans. Plus as evidenced here, even the SW fan boys want female characters as action figures too.
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast