Page 1 of 182 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Rebels - General TV Show Discussion Thread

Star Wars Rebels - General TV Show Discussion Thread

We had a similar thread in the Clone Wars forum to discuss the show so I thought we'd have one here as well. Please use the General Toy thread to discuss any new toys, this thread is to discuss the show eg episodes, new characters and pictures from the show.

*Please consider this as a Spoiler thread with show discussion and pictures*

Though I'm posting pics of toys, I'm only using them to establish what seem to be the main characters.

Jedi News posted this the other day:

"On board the Ghost we will encounter:
    - Kannan Jarrus
    - Hera Syndulla - a Twilek whose family we have met before, and may well meet again.
    - Zeb - the gunner, and trusty sidekick.

On board the Phantom we will encounter:
    - Ezra Bridger - a renegade Imperial Cadet, who learns of their Force sensitivities through a highly sought Holocron - the very item The Inquisitor is commanded to retrieve by his Emperor. Bridger dresses in some customised Imperial gear."
    So, according to the latest LEGO pics from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, here's what the crew of The Ghost looks like:

"Kannan Jarrus" is obviously some sort of Jedi, or at the very least, a dude/chick with a lightsaber...Hera Syndulla is the green-skinned Twilek...and the most interesting one to me is "Zeb", a purple-skinned alien who fits the bill of 'sidekick' and 'gunner', as seen here in The Ghost:

...doesn't he look a little bit like the early McQuarrie Chewie design? I could be wrong, but squinting at and trying to enlarge these pics (which are both from here), it seems that Zeb has either a black beard or some type of fur under his face. The Mission Series set revealed in the Hasbro list yesterday with "Zeb and Stormtrooper" is suddenly way more interesting to me...

Just based on what we've seen so far from these LEGO sets and Chopper, I'm totally digging the 70's colors that seem to be in use--the yellow and orange outfits that Zeb and Hera are sporting, and the orange and olive green accents on The Ghost. Between the heavy McQuarrie inspiration, Stormtroopers, the funky alien, the junky droid, and the clunky ships, this show seems to have tons of potential. I hope it can capture the OT vibe that it seems to be going for.

I love that ship.

Zeb does indeed look like the McQuarrie Chewie designs, but also reminds me of a Noghri from the Thrawn comics:

Interesting, I love the McQuarrie influence on the show. It should look great on screen.

can't wait to see what this show brings to the table in the Star Wars lore. I would love to see some of the main characters from the Clone Wars and the OT make small appearences. I sooo want to see Vader and the Emperor in this show as well as Leia, Kenobi and Ashoka.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Here's a much clearer pic of the crew of The Ghost in LEGO form, from Hothbricks.com:

The Rebels-stylized Stormtrooper helmet worries me that Hasbro will do the same thing, and plop an animated head on the SL11 body...let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    Here's a much clearer pic of the crew of The Ghost in LEGO form, from Hothbricks.com:

The Rebels-stylized Stormtrooper helmet worries me that Hasbro will do the same thing, and plop an animated head on the SL11 body...let's hope not.
    Cool, thanks. Looks like they're obscuring the image of Kanan Jarrus?

Yeah, let's hope they don't mess up SL11. Have to buy those up now, just in case. I still think they're going to want a clear distinction between the animated Rebels figs and the realistic PT/OT figs. So I think we may get an all-new animated Rebels Stormtrooper. And maybe they'll keep SL11 in the case rotation.
    back from the netherworld

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    Cool, thanks. Looks like they're obscuring the image of Kanan Jarrus?

Yeah, let's hope they don't mess up SL11. Have to buy those up now, just in case. I still think they're going to want a clear distinction between the animated Rebels figs and the realistic PT/OT figs. So I think we may get an all-new animated Rebels Stormtrooper. And maybe they'll keep SL11 in the case rotation.
    That upcoming MS 2-pack with Boba Fett and the SL11 Stormie is great for kids, but not so much for our purposes...still, better that it gets re-released that way than not at all!

It's cool to see a rag tag group of rebels for this series. As for the stormtrooper, I certainly hope it's animated in the rebels line - I don't want a new head on an old body either.

So much for the lightsaber being an elegant weapon from an ancient time, long forgotten about, eh?

I can't help but get the feeling that the Clone Wars-ifying of the OT is dumping on it way worse than the PT did.
    May you live in interesting times.

Page 1 of 182 1231151101 ... LastLast