Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boba Fett Spin-Off

Quote Originally Posted by Nipshank View Post
    I can't see them killing off Fett and tossing someone else in the armor and helmet, wouldn't be a Fett spin off then.
    I believe the idea here is that it is Fett, in that the man seen in the OT (according to this treatment) had actually killed the original Jango clone and took on his name and armour.

Frankly, I like it. I've thought for some time now that making Fett the Dread Pirate Roberts of the GFFA would be interesting, and anything that distances/divorces the character from the whole PT origin and everything that came with it is a definite net positive, plus it ties into the old pre-PT story of Fett being said to have killed a man at some point in the past and assumed his identity.
    WTB/WTTF Star Wars Black Series 6" Han Solo "Mudtrooper" version (multiples).

What this suggests is that the armour is what makes him "Boba Fett" and not the actions, psychology or motivations of the character.
    So any John Doe in a GFFA can put on the armour and become Boba Fett? That doesn't sit well with me at all.
    Quite frankly, it reeks of poorly written, cobbled together fan fiction.
    If that's what people want, then you're not going to see a movie about Boba Fett - you're going to see a movie about a Faux Boba Fett.

Pass.
    Looking for a MOMC set of Episode I (2-Inch) Mini Figures and Anakin/Naboo Fighter set.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIminifigs.asp

sorry, nothing makes remotely any sense in these theories, how anyone even came up w/ this is just beyond silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    What this suggests is that the armour is what makes him "Boba Fett" and not the actions, psychology or motivations of the character.
    So any John Doe in a GFFA can put on the armour and become Boba Fett?
    What this suggests is that this "Man With No Name" Boba Fett would have to be more cunning, skilled and overall dangerous than the Jango clone to acquire the armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Quite frankly, it reeks of poorly written, cobbled together fan fiction.
    If that's what people want, then you're not going to see a movie about Boba Fett - you're going to see a movie about a Faux Boba Fett.
    Quite frankly, that's an entirely suitable description of the Prequel Fetts.

??dude??, he acquired the armor cuz Jango's his frikken father!! If the galaxy after the events of ROTS doesn't know it's "Boba" , well ok that's sensible, cuz they're not watching movies...but I can't see this possibly making any sense otherwise. Boba's the only unaltered clone, the rest are aging 3x the rate...that's all there is to know there.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    ??dude??, he acquired the armor cuz Jango's his frikken father!! If the galaxy after the events of ROTS doesn't know it's "Boba" , well ok that's sensible, cuz they're not watching movies...but I can't see this possibly making any sense otherwise. Boba's the only unaltered clone, the rest are aging 3x the rate...that's all there is to know there.
    Read my post again.

I think I'm just lost here, man...sorry. This topic just doesn't add up to me..I'm out.

I never found boba fett that interesting. Whatever interest I had in him was squashed in episode 2.

Let's just hope any spin-offs made are handled well, thus far it all sounds just terrible. I see that in some recent blips, they imply the spin offs will, well "spin off" the new films. Anyone?
    Last edited by jpolli666; 01-22-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    What this suggests is that this "Man With No Name" Boba Fett would have to be more cunning, skilled and overall dangerous than the Jango clone to acquire the armour.

Quite frankly, that's an entirely suitable description of the Prequel Fetts.

You're basing this on your own prejudices and not on logic. Nice try, but it just doesn't work. Square peg, round hole.
    Looking for a MOMC set of Episode I (2-Inch) Mini Figures and Anakin/Naboo Fighter set.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIminifigs.asp

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast