Page 3 of 417 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Quote Originally Posted by bgiles73 View Post
    Is anyone else here excited about ZICA's Six Million Dollar Man 3 3/4" figures? I think these will look great right along side all these Funko lines that are being announced. I wonder if all the buzz surrounding these 3 3/4" retro type figures will get Diamond Select Toys thinking about joining in too? That scale would give DST a great time to try their hand at a light and sound Enterprise Bridge Playset!
    I am excited from SMDM, but I'm gonna wait on a few reviews. Sasquatch looks perfect. Apparently a Kenner veteran did the sculpted.

Yeah, looking forward to the 6M$M figures!

The one range I'd love to see would be classic 'V' figures. As I recall there is a scene where Donovan's son is playing with Visitor action figures and a Visitor shuttle. These would be so cool.

And as someone else mentioned, Dune and Krull would be great.

And I'm surprised nobody has mention classic Battlestar Galactica. The Mattel figures were rubbish!

And Last Starfighter anyone...?

I could change my tune if I saw the final product, but I for one don't really want to see them redo something that was already done in that era, (Battlestar was one example I had thought of but dismissed from my wish list since they were produced). I even thought of Dune but again, they were done back then. Dune though could be one "redo" that might be fun to see done in the Kenner style since the LJN style is odd in scale and execution IMO, though ultimately they are what they are (authentically produced) even if not compatible with many other figures from around that time.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Sublevel View Post
    Yeah, looking forward to the 6M$M figures!

The one range I'd love to see would be classic 'V' figures. As I recall there is a scene where Donovan's son is playing with Visitor action figures and a Visitor shuttle. These would be so cool.

And as someone else mentioned, Dune and Krull would be great.

And I'm surprised nobody has mention classic Battlestar Galactica. The Mattel figures were rubbish!

And Last Starfighter anyone...?
    Took the words right out of my mouth Mark!

V would be an amazing line! With squad vehicle and skyfighter! Also right down with Last Starfighter too!

To expand on this I would like to see Battle Beyond the Stars too! (No joke!)
    Wanted: Boxed large size action figures - Kenner, Kenner Canada, Denys Fisher, Clipper, Mecanno, Toltoys, Takara, BASA, Palitoy, Lili Ledy, Toltoys ESB, preproduction, prototypes, box flats.

•    
    Most of you know this, but for those who don't, those figures being played with on V were specifically made for the show and do not exist in the market. Only figure ever made was a 12" Visitor.

Man, wish lists for this line can be endless. I don't see some of them being successful though. Krull would be awesome, but is probably far too niche to ever be able to turn a profit.

I would pay above retail to get my hands on an RJ MacReady, Childs, Blair-Thing, Norris-Thing, Palmer-Thing, Bennings-Thing, Dog-Thing, and anything else from Carpenter's 1982 The Thing.

I really wouldn't mind them re-visiting Clash Of The Titans. Mattel made 4 figures, Pegasus, and the Kraken, but there were SO many others in that movie that would have been cool figures. Zeus, King Acrisius, Medusa, Cerberus, Bubo (as a pack-in), Andromeda, Stygian Witches, etc. Even playsets would work. The giant vulture with cage for Andromeda, a Calibos swamp lair, Medusa's lair, Mount Olympus with a couple of exclusive gods (Poseidon and Hera maybe?), maybe even a Thetis statue with breakaway head and 'opening' eyes.

I will be buying most of the horror lineup for sure. Jason, Freddy, and Michael Myers are guarantees.

They should add Jaws. For 2 years it reigned as the all-time box office champ, and was the first movie to ever hit $200 million. Make Brody, Hooper, Quint, the shark (of course), maybe Ellen Brody and Mayor Vaughan. Mrs. Kessler's baby boy as a shark victim would be neat, but far too gruesome to ever be made. An Orca playset would be awesome.

Man, I could get obscure, and wish for cheesy movies like Spacehunter: Adventures In The Forbidden Zone, Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn, and Megaforce. And if we're getting some action movies as well, we need figures from Rambo, Rocky (forget the Jakks 8" line), Braddock from Missing In Action, John McClane from Die Hard, and Riggs & Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon.

They can keep those 90's properties though. Buffy, Firefly, and Pulp Fiction have zero appeal to me. Hell, I'd almsot wish they make those with the 90's perspective on action figures, and make Sam Jackson/John Travolta He-Man figures, with a monkey faced Buffy.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian_C; 01-08-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Good call on Clash of the Titans, Jaws, Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Leo Goetz needs a voice chip.

Wouldn't mind a last crusade theme and if we're talking seventies cult I'd love some rocky horror- especially frankenfurter and riff raff

I totally agree with one of the comments on there: Buffy is not a 'retro' line. Funko have completely missed the point here. The reason this range has proved popular is because it's given us something that should have been produced back in the day and done authentically.

Buffy and Firefly (as much as I love Firefly) won't look 'right'.

Keep it 70's and 80's Funko, and you won't go far wrong. Although I have the strangest feeling they're going to screw this while 'retro' thing up, but please prove me wrong.

And a Spacehunter: Adventures Beyond the Forbidden Zone range would get my vote too Ian_C!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Bullock View Post
    To expand on this I would like to see Battle Beyond the Stars too! (No joke!)
    YES! I would love a set of these figures, Sador for sure!

Page 3 of 417 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast