Page 2 of 417 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

I think that is the biggest unknown at this point - how well they can capture the aesthetic of the late 70s/early 80s Kenner design style. They "done good" with the Alien line, but they had something to go off of.

Be interesting to see their process on these:

• Are they just swimming in Vintage Kenner lines right now?
    • Are their offices filled with Butch & Sundance, Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures?
    • Are they looking at Mego, Tomy, Remco, Gabriel and Mattel toys too, or is Kenner the dominant guideline?
    • Are they using actual vintage Kenner sculptors and or methods?

I'd love to know more.

Also, as we started discussing in the Alien thread, I'd love to see any of the following:

• Planet of the Apes
    • 2001: A Space Odyssey
    • Blade Runner
    • The Matrix
    • The Thing
    • CE3K
    • Ghostbusters
    • The Fifth Element
    • Labyrinth
    • Dune
    Last edited by John_Solo; 01-07-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Not sure if any of you read Adam P's latest Q&A, but he also mentioned Freddy and Jason as part of the Reaction line. So maybe add those to the list?
    Also, I could've sworn I saw that Classic Star Trek was confirmed by Funko?

Quote Originally Posted by darthjaybay View Post
    Not sure if any of you read Adam P's latest Q&A, but he also mentioned Freddy and Jason as part of the Reaction line. So maybe add those to the list?
    Also, I could've sworn I saw that Classic Star Trek was confirmed by Funko?
    Added - I think I read that too - and maybe Blade Runner was already confirmed too?

EDIT: Here they are: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=45612

Sounds like it might be a "Horror" Wave, like the Universal Monsters one.
    Last edited by John_Solo; 01-07-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Here is a source with multiple press releases from Funko:
    ReAction Figures Archives - The Toyark - News

Add Pulp fiction, Michael Myers (Halloween) and Pinhead (hellraiser)

Quote Originally Posted by darthjaybay View Post
    Here is a source with multiple press releases from Funko:
    ReAction Figures Archives - The Toyark - News

Add Pulp fiction, Michael Myers (Halloween) and Pinhead (hellraiser)
    Done - also noticed The Rocketeer on that page. Thanks.

Sinkie summed it up so much better than I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkie View Post
    there is a part of me that wonders how well the "retro" thing will translate to slightly newer properties and even some of the older ones... I really love the Alien ones because they have the actual historical "uproduced" authenticity to them but the further you get from the actual era and any unproduced status... I wonder if the sense of connecting with that era will be diminished.
    The other thing to consider is the difference between the first run of Kenner Star Wars figures and what we got from the Power of the Force line at the end of its run. My Jedi figures have always been my favourite over the earlier ones, in no small part due to what I consider to be superior sculpt and paint.

That said, the precedent has really been set by the Alien wave, and to maintain internal consistency within the line (which is a massive part of the appeal), I'm pretty sure that this is the style they will stick with. I would just have liked to see something more like what we are seeing with Saga Legends today; moderns sculpt, classic style. I think the more modern head detailing and paint applications for the eyes, in particular, are what I would like to see.

Krull ReActions might be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelTrooper View Post
    Krull ReActions might be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbabon View Post
    Maybe Willow?
    Love both ideas. Road Warrior too.

Is anyone else here excited about ZICA's Six Million Dollar Man 3 3/4" figures? I think these will look great right along side all these Funko lines that are being announced. I wonder if all the buzz surrounding these 3 3/4" retro type figures will get Diamond Select Toys thinking about joining in too? That scale would give DST a great time to try their hand at a light and sound Enterprise Bridge Playset!

Page 2 of 417 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast