Page 11 of 417 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDub View Post
    Yeah - if these hit a major retailer, it's gonna be awesome.
    Totally. I don't know if I can see Target carrying all of these, maybe a few of the more popular licenses--but TRU seems like a pretty safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    Totally. I don't know if I can see Target carrying all of these, maybe a few of the more popular licenses--but TRU seems like a pretty safe bet.
    Either one would be great.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the following. Anything else from the announced group will be a wait-and-see:

• Terminator Kyle Reese
    • Terminator Chrome T-800
    • Terminator T-800 Leather Jacket
    • Escape from New York Snake
    • The Rocketeer
    • Back to the Future Marty McFly
    • Predator Masked Predator
    • Universal Monsters Wolfman
    • Universal Monsters Dracula
    • Universal Monsters Frankenstein
    • Universal Monsters Mummy
    • Universal Monsters Creature
    • Goonies Data
    • Halloween Michael Myers
    Last edited by John_Solo; 02-07-2014 at 02:45 PM.

I put in a pretty big preorder as well. I agree with the predator and snake plissken comments..they're not as cool looking to me and feel sort of forced. I hope bringing out too many lines doesn't lose it's charm and leave me feeling burnt out on picking a bunch of these up. That said...still excited to see what's in store and the updated pictures.

This is just crazy. Certainly even my 5poa hate can subside just to have a few of these serious novelties I mean hell...
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

I'm going to echo the sentiments of those who say that the look feels forced. These don't look good to me at all except for the Nightmare Before Christmas ones (and I had no interest in buying them). Really disappointed in the Terminator and Escape from New York sculpts especially, even with 5POA I might've been tempted to buy them but ugh, it's a bad sign when I like the cardback more than the toy itself.

Am glad for those who wanted this style, but I hope another company steps up to make more realistic-looking figures.
    Here's my feedback thread:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072756/

6 Inch realistic figures to "that will blow Star Wars out of the water" are also in the pipeline. Looking forward to Toy Fair!! 6 inch Back to the Future realistic figures will make me complete as a human being!!

Some of them resonate, some don't. I'd say they need to be very careful to go for the retro look, not "the animated series" look.

That said, I know I will be ordering tons of these. Rocketeer is a must. Can't wait to see the Universal Monsters.

Strangely, I think the figure that most has "the look" is Sarah Connor. Retro, not cartoonish.

Also,Chrome Endoskeleton gets my vote over the matte silver. Sort of a callback to vac-metalized Threepio and Death Star Droid.

I can't wait to see the Back to the Future line and Goonies!

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post

Am glad for those who wanted this style, but I hope another company steps up to make more realistic-looking figures.
    That's the POINT! Kenner did a horrible job of facial recreation in all vintage lines. Luke X-Wing looked more like a Fisher Price figure than Star Wars. These are NOT meant to be overly realistic.

Having said that, the Predator figures flat out suck. They didn't have to be photo realistic, but no reason why they couldn't have detail. I agree with Andy, figures like Predator look more like Animated then Retro look. And I was not impressed to hear it had 4 Predators with no Dutch, Blaine, etc. Now I see what I had initially feared - it's the same body sculpt with three head sculpts spread over 4 individual figures. Wow, that's really cheapening out. I also agree with Andy that Sarah Connor is by far the most 'retro' figure of all of them. I like the other Terminator figures too, but agree he could be a little more buff.

Overall, I like the figures I see for lines I want, and couldn't care less about others (Nightmare Before Xmas figs look great, but I have no interest).

I just thought of another property I'd like to see. With the death of the Professor a week or two ago, I think a Gilligan's Island set would be fun.....

Ian

Page 11 of 417 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast