Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Saga Legends / Mission Series Collection - Picture Thread

Talking Your Saga Legends / Mission Series Collection - Picture Thread

Your Saga Legends / Mission Series Collection - Picture Thread: post your collections, dioramas, & Kenner / retro mockups!

Thanks for setting this thread up so quickly, darth_sidious!

Here are some of mine, in roughly chronological order:

Love it!!! Especially the Kenobi tatooine one.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    Thanks for setting this thread up so quickly, darth_sidious!

Here are some of mine, in roughly chronological order:
    So awesome! Eddie, you should add another vinyl case tray shot with the new figures.
    back from the netherworld

Man, EddieU's post is a tough act to follow, but here's my lone photograph:
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Had to have another look at them pics @EddieU. They are fantastic. On the second pass only just noticed your custom prototype death star droid. Been meaning to do this one for a while now, quick question, did you use one of those AMT Gigantics Preying Mantis kits or is it a sculpt (have a couple of the 90s reissues sat in my folks attic ready to use) Also high fives for that Mungo

Haven't made a diorama in over a decade (it kinda turned into my day job as a set designer/art director) but now you've give me the itch to crank out some vintage box/catalogue style ones.

Quote Originally Posted by leebo84 View Post
    Had to have another look at them pics @EddieU. They are fantastic. On the second pass only just noticed your custom prototype death star droid. Been meaning to do this one for a while now, quick question, did you use one of those AMT Gigantics Preying Mantis kits or is it a sculpt (have a couple of the 90s reissues sat in my folks attic ready to use) Also high fives for that Mungo

Haven't made a diorama in over a decade (it kinda turned into my day job as a set designer/art director) but now you've give me the itch to crank out some vintage box/catalogue style ones.
    That's awesome, I can't wait to see 'em!! These figures just lend themselves so well to that sort of thing.

Yeah, I used one of the 90's (I think I made mine around 2002) reissue AMT Gigantics Mantis kits. Mungo was super-easy to do! I haven't done a custom for over a decade, but someday I want to do the rest of those '85/'86 "Kenner Line Extension" figures. Thanks for the kind words (and thanks to everybody else who commented or liked them)!

As long as Hasbro used the right kind/cut of fabric, wouldn't an Emperor's Royal Guard look great in this line?

(the MS Vader fits just fine in the ISP-6, but sadly, he's too tall to close the canopy.)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    As long as Hasbro used the right kind/cut of fabric, wouldn't an Emperor's Royal Guard look great in this line?
    Soft goods are pretty terrible at the mo so I think they'd have a tough time topping the '83 figure but I'd love to be proved wrong. I'd totally pick them up if so.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast