Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So where's the 2nd wave?

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Here we go again.
    Uh, I wasn't bashing these figures at all. I honestly think they look amazing and am getting all the OT figs for sure. I think the OT figs (except Chewie) are some of the best sculpts we've seen in any line.

This seller has been discussed, and I thought factory seconds/samples are what he sells. And if that's what these are, the production versions should be amazing.
    back from the netherworld

BTW, I realized from his ebay pics that there are two Obi Wans in this wave, one with just the gauntlets and one with the full CW armor. Added to the Obi Wan already in wave one, that IS a pretty ridiculous Obi Wan fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    BTW, I realized from his ebay pics that there are two Obi Wans in this wave, one with just the gauntlets and one with the full CW armor. Added to the Obi Wan already in wave one, that IS a pretty ridiculous Obi Wan fixation.
    Woah. I didn't even notice that.

Not only those, but there's also an Obi-Wan/Grievous MS pack supposedly coming out (as per a Walmart computer-citing report from a couple of months ago)--which, unless they just repack the wave 1 ROTS Obi-Wan, will bring the PT-era Obi-Wan count in this (very young) line to a baffling 4. Dearest Hasbro, do you remember Old Ben Kenobi, that crazy old hermit who lived out beyond the Dune Sea? How about him?

That Stormtrooper is looking better with every new picture. Too bad this wave has been cancelled for Germany.

This is a signature.

This seller has been discussed, and I thought factory seconds/samples are what he sells. And if that's what these are, the production versions should be amazing.
    That's what I meant, the seller being bashed, not the toys. There is nothing whatsoever that evidences them being "seconds". They moght have fallen out of the factory back door after hours but who knows for sure? Certainly none of us. In my experience some of his items have been better than new carded stuff I've bought. At this stage in the game I seriously doubt whether Hasbro even has the quality control or level of care to differentiate a potential "second"!
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    That's what I meant, the seller being bashed, not the toys. There is nothing whatsoever that evidences them being "seconds". They moght have fallen out of the factory back door after hours but who knows for sure? Certainly none of us. In my experience some of his items have been better than new carded stuff I've bought. At this stage in the game I seriously doubt whether Hasbro even has the quality control or level of care to differentiate a potential "second"!
    Okay. Again, I wasn't intending to bash the figures or the seller. But I admit I'm curious to know how he winds up with 55 loose SL Stormtroopers for sale. I can't imagine he's pulling these off the cards.

^ NO EDIT: To clarify, no implication of wrongdoing on the part of the seller intended. Just curiosity about where exactly in the production process these loose figures come from.

I don't know how he gets them and I don't really care. I got a stormtrooper army builder in sufficient quantities that I won't have to wait 5 years to have more than one and didn't have to buy multiple cases of figures I might not necessarily want.

I have no idea how tung does this. Based on the case ratio and the challenges within the US, I am just happy he does. Would tung be in business if he/she was in the US? I am betting no for any number of reasons.

^ NO EDIT: To clarify, no implication of wrongdoing on the part of the seller intended. Just curiosity about where exactly in the production process these loose figures come from.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I don't know how he gets them and I don't really care. I got a stormtrooper army builder in sufficient quantities that I won't have to wait 5 years to have more than one and didn't have to buy multiple cases of figures I might not necessarily want.

I have no idea how tung does this. Based on the case ratio and the challenges within the US, I am just happy he does. Would tung be in business if he/she was in the US? I am betting no for any number of reasons.
    Exactly. If Hasbro can't figure out how to successfully get these into the hands of collectors, I'm glad someone is taking the reigns.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast