Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Cool, I guess those character descriptions were legit. Looking forward to "Cobalt", and I hope they don't go through old material that the main show's gone over (although going over some is expected).

Did I overlook the info in the previous links listing the name Cobalt? Does anyone have the official title release link available by chance? Sorry, just my nerdy see-it-to-believe-it persona shining through, again.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

I'm excited about the show and I don't need it to stray too far from the basic formula of the original series: a ground-level view of survivors fighting off zombies and other survivors. The characters are what carries this kind of show, not the premise.

I also like the idea of a show that has no comic book predecessor, so not as many worries about people unintentionally posting spoilers.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Is Cobalt the name of a place? Anyone have any guesses?

I don't honestly care what the premise is either as long as it is well written. Of course, some variety would be nice, so new locations presenting new challenges or some other unthought of spin. Like maybe wherever these people are they find out that there is a supposed government/military hold out city or something nicknamed Cobalt that they are trying to find…I don't know even as I type that I feel like it would be bad to give them too much of a goal to achieve maybe. But would be interesting to see another group that perhaps is finding signs of a official government remnant or something because of their location.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

I am assuming "Cobalt" is the code name for the show, just like Lucas used various code names for the Star Wars movies in early production stages, i.e. Blue Harvest.

Who knows . . .
    There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient.
    My Feedback!

Ah maybe…or else this is ONLY the title of the first episode? The pilot?

I know there is a place here in Canada called Cobalt but not sure if there is any American town with that name. Cobalt is often associated with "blue"…maybe this takes place near the ocean?
    Last edited by sinkie; 12-04-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

Yep, totally irrelevant but fun to guess at all the same!

Read a rumor on the official site that filming for this show will happen in Pennsylvania. I have no idea if true or if the person who posted the information is smoking crack.
    There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient.
    My Feedback!

Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast