Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Marvel Movie

I wish them luck in finding the right person to reflect the better qualities of the current Captain Marvel since "hot" can be completely subjective (I find more hotness in the more solidly built, muscular version they're drawing right now)
    No More Twi'leks in Refrigerators!

Yvonne Strahovski is who I want to play Ms. marvel! As for Captain Marvel, I have no Idea, I guess Sackoff would be fine since I have no big interest in this new version.

No offense to anyone, so please don't take this the wrong way. But the new look for her, resembles this lesbian friend of mine.
    And for me, my ideal look for the character is long flowing hair. I've never cared for those short hairdo's on Women.

If they do plan to move forward I wish them luck in making a good movie! Because I'm sure I'll go see it, and hope that it wont be a waste of my time!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Can't wait to see who they get for her, and also the director and writer.
    "Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."

Well honestly, I rather Captain Marvel was about Mar-Vell. And Ms. Marvel was about Carol Danvers. Respectively. Mores so because I just don't like her new/modern look. And we need Mar-Vell to even get us to Carol as a Superhero. Someone needs to introduce us to the Kree.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I'm thinking Agents of SHIELD will do that.
    If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

A great heroine is finally getting her due. Although Black Widow movie would have been acceptable as well.

My prediction is she's going to get a brand new costume not seen in the comics.
    Last edited by CaptainAlex; 10-28-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    Why aren't you like other kids? Break-dancing and wearing bell-bottoms and playing the Donkey Kongs?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Well honestly, I rather Captain Marvel was about Mar-Vell. And Ms. Marvel was about Carol Danvers. Respectively. Mores so because I just don't like her new/modern look. And we need Mar-Vell to even get us to Carol as a Superhero. Someone needs to introduce us to the Kree.
    Intros to the Kree, and perhaps even Inhumans, could happen in AOS... or other movies (Age of Ultron), etc, but there will likely be multiple intros if that's the case so people don't "need" to see AOS in order to understand the basics of what's happening...

But no, we don't "need" Mar-Vell to get to Carol--it's basically a crazy alien machine that infuses her with Kree DNA and grants her powers; that's just begging for techno-babble. They could make her an Inhuman for all we know, already carrying Kree-tampered genes or DNA from some ancient Kree scientist who got too close to one of their experimental subjects.

I'm totally fine with skipping straight to Carol; her old Ms. Marvel outfit kinda silly, her more recent Ms. Marvel/Warbird outfit is too skimpy, and even the name "Ms. Marvel" can be sending the wrong message for a grown woman who's one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel universe... she was in the Air Force and NASA, achieving pretty high ranks, so "Captain" fits as much as Captain America, and it's also gender-neutral which is probably seen as a positive. Besides, "Ms. Marvel" is now a teen Inhuman girl; why confuse the issue when the new Ms Marvel is getting lots of press?

I like her modern 'uniform' outfit, tho I wasn't crazy about the helmet she dons in space or 'action mode' with the faux-hawk... it was only just a couple minutes ago I finally realized why they have the faux-hawk: to mimic a crested Kree helmet, like Genis-Vell wore after he went nuts. I can do without the helmet in the movie, or with a different one, but the uniform works better than her old bathing suit or older Supergirl Spandex.

Mar-Vell only has meaning to old-school fans; Carol's been around nearly as long, and has been far more relevant & prominent in the comics of the last decade or two, and fans have been very vocal about wanting to see her on the big screen. I hope they make good pics (and for the love of Odin, cast a BLONDE actress!)

Did nobody see Guardians of the Galaxy...? We've already been introduced to the Kree, folks.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast