Page 135 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2349

Thread: Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Darkart99 View Post
    You just have to keep checking. I‘ve been stopping in a few times a week. About a week ago I asked an employee to scan the UPC and she said “Oh, these are discontinued. We‘re not getting them in anymore.” One week later I stopped by and the pegs were full of the new 3.73 BS figures. I guess they have no way of knowing what‘s coming in and when.
    WalMart employees are renowned for trotting out that “Oh, these are discontinued. We‘re not getting them in anymore” garbage. They just don't want to help collectors. It's their not-so-subtle way of saying "GO AWAY, I DON'T WANT TO HELP YOU".

I agree. Checked my Walmart this morning on my way to work. Same Poe, Han and Finn pile. Getting tired of checking every morning. I hit up two others yesterday in the area only to find a pile of Lukes and Finns. This is getting stupid. It is now two weeks past may the 4th and no sign of these figures in my area.

Yeah my area usually gets skipped over when it comes to newer stuff.I have yet to find the Unmasked kylo.Yeah it's getting that bad.It astounds me that the biggest sci-fi movie that made a ton of money and Walmart poops it. You go to some walmarts and find nothing but empty pegs.

I received the greatest Walmart BS answer today calling a toy department a little out of my range (figured if by some miracle they had them in stock I could have them hold and pick up after work). The woman told me she has 12 spots for Star Wars figures and they are all filled. So I asked her to read the name of the 12 figures in the coveted spots. Poe, Poe, Finn, Finn, finn, finn, finn, Luke, finn, Poe, Finn, Finn.

So I explained 3 new figures were released and supposed to start hitting may 4th. She got annoyed and said that until she sold those figures there will be no more new ones in HER store. I said she may get used to seeing those 12 because they are ancient at this point. I find dealing with the middle aged woman, because I said so, store employees more mind numbing than the clueless teen worker. At least the kid just doesn't care. The middle aged woman treats customers like her kids challenging her authority.

Quote Originally Posted by indysolo007 View Post
    So I explained 3 new figures were released and supposed to start hitting may 4th. She got annoyed and said that until she sold those figures there will be no more new ones in HER store. I said she may get used to seeing those 12 because they are ancient at this point. I find dealing with the middle aged woman, because I said so, store employees more mind numbing than the clueless teen worker. At least the kid just doesn't care. The middle aged woman treats customers like her kids challenging her authority.
    This has been a common problem going all the way back to 1995, when the Star wars figures first came back out. The East Brunswick, NJ TRU had several nasty ones in those days, including one of the managers, who seemed to revel in getting nasty when asked for help. Somehow, she "knew" there were no Leia's in the unopened cases she refused to open, back when the Princess was shortpacked, and scalping ran rampant thanks to flea market idiots named Terrence and Gene (people in the area will know who I'm talking about) who would clear the pegs to create false shortages, meanwhile jacking up the prices in their stores (there was also a fat guy and his bearded, weasel-looking partner from the US-1 store who would clear out whatever the other two didn't get, in addition to Starting Lineups).

Anyway, I learned, as a college kid then, that if you were a mother with children, those same employees had no problem helping you, looking in the back, etc. But be a young male, and forget it - it's as if in their eyes, we're to old to be "buying toys." And when you factor in the handful of morons who go in their making demands and nastily grabbing everytihng on the pegs in front of other collectors, and causing trouble for those of us who go there first (anyone who attended the AOTC Force Friday in the East Brunswick store might know what I'm talking about) only makes it worse for us.

Is it a wonder many of us buy our figures online, and are willing to pay a few bucks more to the "fair" scalpers, whose markups cover what we'd spend in gas and time searching around anyway?!

But in all fairness, they want to sell the "old" stock before the "new" stock. Otherwise while they keep going to the back for Han and Leia, the same old overstocked crap sits there even longer. What's worse, is that they can't even clearance the "older" stuff. Because it's linked to the new! They would have to employ hands on retailer "secrets" to do something about it. Which doesn't seem to happen these days, for some reason.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I had to laugh, no matter which forum you go to the The East Brunswick, NJ TRU always gets brought up. I thought I just paid attentioned to it because I'm a local. But yes this area has far to many collectors & far to little stock. & That's before counting in the secret collectors.
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    I had to laugh, no matter which forum you go to the The East Brunswick, NJ TRU always gets brought up. I thought I just paid attentioned to it because I'm a local. But yes this area has far to many collectors & far to little stock. & That's before counting in the secret collectors.

Being a local myself, I probably posted a bunch of those, LOL. Seriously though, when the Flea Markets were around, that was scalper central, and to this day, at least one guy is still scalping out of that store.

I heard it from a few locals,
    (although I'm not as local as I use to be. still in NJ)
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Cedar Knolls, Boonton, Riverdale NJ...all a bust this morning.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Page 135 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast