Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Anaheim: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Celebration Anaheim: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

So...for those coming in early, what places do you plan to visit before Celebration begins?

For those that like to stay up all night, once the show wraps each day, where can we find you?

For the fans that want to begin their vacation with Celebration, but end it a week after that, what's the plan?
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Well, you have two Disney parks literally, across the street.

Other places that aren't too far away are:

Sea World
    San Diego Zoo
    Universal Studios
    Knott's Berry Farm

I would love to go to Skywalker Ranch, but that is quite a drive to get there from Anaheim.
    TK/TB/CC/ST-5400 - Feedback
    Facebook Page: Deathstar's Random - YouTube Channel: Deathstar's Random
    Join the Anime thread!

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar1000 View Post
    Well, you have two Disney parks literally, across the street.

Other places that aren't too far away are:

Sea World
    San Diego Zoo
    Universal Studios
    Knott's Berry Farm

I would love to go to Skywalker Ranch, but that is quite a drive to get there from Anaheim.
    Lol from So Cal to Nor Cal. Knott's Berry Farm for sure. I'm obsessed with their Jams and Syrups -_-

Someone also mentioned visiting the sand dunes where ROTJ was filmed. Is that close?
    TK/TB/CC/ST-5400 - Feedback
    Facebook Page: Deathstar's Random - YouTube Channel: Deathstar's Random
    Join the Anime thread!

Never been to Disneyland or California Adventure. Would like to do that and hit Downtown Disney a couple nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezquick View Post
    Lol from So Cal to Nor Cal. Knott's Berry Farm for sure. I'm obsessed with their Jams and Syrups -_-
    Oh wow, I forgot about Knotts Berry Farm! I haven't been there since I was like 7 years old - a time when the hero of our favorite saga was still called the Starkiller.

Definitely going to plan a day at KBF, and probably two days at Disneyland since I haven't been there since I was 7 either (unless you count a corporate party in a corner of the California Adventure park several years ago).
    Go mbíodh an fhórsa leat

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar1000 View Post
    Someone also mentioned visiting the sand dunes where ROTJ was filmed. Is that close?
    The sand dunes are out on the California border nearest Yuma Arizona. That is 250 miles or so.

True story: My wife as a young girl saw the sand barge scenes being filmed and even got to meet Mark Hamill. She grew up in Yuma.

I've heard some groups are talking about going up to Ranch Obiwan for a day before or after the convention. I think that would be neat but a bit far for me to travel. Definitely plan to try to hit Disneyland for a day, especially if they have anything new that is star wars related by then.

Quote Originally Posted by SWFanGirl View Post
    I've heard some groups are talking about going up to Ranch Obiwan for a day before or after the convention. I think that would be neat but a bit far for me to travel. Definitely plan to try to hit Disneyland for a day, especially if they have anything new that is star wars related by then.
    They may want to look into that, because I'm sure Steve and co will be at CVII. They may have to close to prep for bringing things to the con.

My wife and I will definitely be hitting Disneyland before Celebration starts! I'm hoping for some kind of special Star Wars-only event, similar to Last Tour to Endor, as well.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast