Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Anaheim: Costumes

I've been kicking around the idea of dressing up as X-Wing Luke. I have nothing right now, so I'd have to start buying costume pieces from eBay. Not sure what I'd do about the helmet since the eFX helmet (which I don't own) is too pricey to buy and carry around. I also don't think I'd want to dress up every day.

Do you guys think it's a lot to do for one day? Is it a hassle wearing full costumes to a con?

I wouldn't just buy the X-Wing costume for the show either. I would like to get a mannequin to display it permanently in my mancave.

Check out the Rebel Legion site.

Get your costume done and approved and you could be using the costume year round at troops.

Keep in mind when wearing a costume, expect to be stopped for pics. Most people in costume wear it for a few hours (depending on costume) go back to their hotel room to change back to regular clothes.

I think I trooped 3 times at CVI. I'd be in armor about 2-3 hours for a day.
    TK/TB/CC/ST-5400 - Feedback
    Facebook Page: Deathstar's Random - YouTube Channel: Deathstar's Random
    Join the Anime thread!

Thanks for the input.

question for anyone that has dressed for Celebrations or other conventions that they had to fly to get too.

I'm planning on dressing as Jedi Luke Skywalker for CVII as well as an Imperial Officer and i want to bring both my Stormtrooper blaster as well as a custom made Skiff Guard blaster for the Luke Costume in addition to Luke's signature Lightsaber and possibly the FX version as well.

How did you transport the props? did you just pack them in your checked luggage or did you ship them to the hotel you were staying at and hope for the best? I watched Heroes of Cosplay and they seem to ship their props to the hotels. I'm planning on calling the hotel and seeing if they will allow me to send a package to them.

I'm also going to contact the airline and see what they recommend as well. I just don't want any surprises. I've tried contacting the 501st but have not heard back a response yet.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

I sent my Captain Rex armor at CVI to my hotel, using FedEx. I had no issues (aside from the HIGH price of shipping). Well, I did worry about it arriving safely. It did though. The hotel did charge me to accept the package.

Keep in mind, if you send a blaster, TSA can consider it a weapon and confiscate it. And that's sending it in your luggage. I've heard stories of 501st members that have send their armor on the planes and it didn't end well. They included detailed pics and what was in their bins, including pics of them in the armor. Once they arrived, they realize the TSA had gone through and pretty much destroyed their armor.
    Join the Anime thread!

I had thought about shipping my armor or flying with it but hearing all of the horror stories has made me re-think that decision.

The wife said she would be ok with a road trip instead, so I'll be towing my TK along with me to CVII!

Looks like Captain Deadmau5 will be coming out of retirement at CVII. This is my V2, since my first one cracked.

This was my V1:

Here's my V2:

Last edited by deathstar1000; 04-06-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    Join the Anime thread!

Awesome! Can't wait to see that!

I think I will be trooping in my TK for a good part of Saturday.

I'll be an Endor Rebel for one day - the first time that I have ever costumed.

Was planning on sending my rifle in a gun bag as checked luggage with the airline, but reading this thread is making me nervous about that.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

how are people towards plus size cosplay? I'm 6'5" and 300 lbs but I love Star Wars and I'm really looking forward to dressing as the characters. I know I could never pass as Luke Skywalker but I'm really hoping to wear the costume anyway as well as a sorta of SOTE version as well. I'm planning on Fed-Exing my gear to the hotel.

are people going to be extremely judgmental of a plus size tall Luke Skywalker?
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast