Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Anaheim: Tips & Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi77 View Post
    On that note, be sure to pack (and use) deodorant.
    This is important for every convention. Shower every day and use deodorant! A convention is not an excuse to live like a bum.

don't bother waiting in line all night to get in first thing in the morning, unless you're going after exclusives. if you are, then by all means, but otherwise if you wait for like an hour after the doors open you have no wait getting in.
    bring snacks and water bottles
    bring a battery charger
    deodorant is an awesome suggestion please!
    money
    Also if there's a huge line please be courteous to other convention goers and get your item/autograph/whatever and move on. Please don't hang out and ask tons of questions and hold up the line. I understand you also waited in line for a long time, but be courteous.
    My Feedback
    Please check out My Collection!
    Looking for: Aliens actors/actresses autographs

"Also a tube or 2 for the art prints. Not all artists provide a tube or box. Also if you're getting more than a few prints, pick them up over a couple days or make a trip back to your hotel to drop em off! "

Yes good suggestion, if they have a onsite fedex location they will charge a arm and leg for one.
    Last edited by starwrz; 08-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.

This is what I bring when I do cons.

Snacks
    Bottled Water
    Aspirin
    Gum
    Binder with Sleeves - 8x10 photos
    Color Markers/Pens - If it needs to be a certain color
    Cash - ATM at Convention centers charge top service fee
    Poster tube
    Portable Charger - Just added to my list. Thanks deathstar1000!!
    Hand Sanitizer

Most important is to make new friends/contacts. While standing in line with your fellow Star Wars fan start up a conversation. We are there to have fun!
    "You must do what you feel is right,of course" - Obi Wan - A New Hope IV
    My Feedback

I concur -- team up if possible to have one person in line while the other explores the exhibit hall or other areas. Also, if going to Dland, there are a few good apps to help with navigating the park and finding ride wait times (FastTrac WT, DL Waits) and the Disney Park app isn't bad either.

comfortable shoes....
    If your trooping with the 501st or Rebel Legion like I will be make sure you got good cushions or gels in your boots...
    Snacks and water are a plus, especially on a budget.
    The buddy system does work if you plan on getting exclusives. I went with several friends and we were able to get what we wanted by splitting up and getting what we wanted plus for the others who wanted the same item.

Bring stuff to trade too. That was one of the most fun things for us at CVI. That was our first one and I stumbled onto a thread on this forum about all the stuff people were bringing to trade. We didn't have time to make anything, so I jumped on etsy and ordered a bunch of buttons with Lego Star Wars characters on them. They were a HUGE hit! And they didn't cost me an arm and a leg either. Don't know what design we'll do for this time. But I bought a button maker so we can take a lot more with us that we've actually made ourselves. If I can get good at it maybe I can help some of you guys out if you want buttons to take. Maybe I can save you some money rather than getting them from somewhere that requires a minimum order and a set up charge for artwork. I'll keep you posted! :-)

Putting in on the correct thread this time:
    Throwing a question out there: What do you prefer to take to a convention- a backpack, messanger type bag or no bag at all?
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi77 View Post
    Putting in on the correct thread this time:
    Throwing a question out there: What do you prefer to take to a convention- a backpack, messanger type bag or no bag at all?
    for me, depends on what I'm doing that day...if i'm doing just 8x10's and smaller items then a backpack. but if i have larger size pics to get signed like posters or 11x14's then a messenger bag. overall i'd say backpack though.
    My Feedback
    Please check out My Collection!
    Looking for: Aliens actors/actresses autographs

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast