Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones

DARK HORSE ANNOUNCES
    GAME OF THRONES® FIGURE LINE!

MILWAUKIE, OR, JULY 3–The worldwide success of the epic HBO series Game of Thrones has won a legion of fans. This audience is clamoring for unique themed collectables and merchandise, and Dark Horse has been working with HBO Global Licensing to provide just that. A core item in the Game of Thrones program has been revealed by Dark Horse Comics at Comic Con: an ongoing series of high-quality, affordable molded plastic figures of the most beloved characters.

Slated for a January 2014 on-sale date, these boxed, non-articulated figures are meticulously detailed. The first two prototypes, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen, were revealed on Preview Night at the Dark Horse booth.

Fan reaction was remarkable!

The figures measure each approximately 7.5” in height, and are based on the likeness of the respective actors, all of whom have approved the sculptures.

“We have been quietly developing these for some time,” Dark Horse Product Development head David Scroggy remarked, “and we decided to make these non-articulated, in order to capture all of the small details that would be at risk in a traditional jointed action figure. That is why we are not using the term ‘action figure,’ although that is what many might call them.”

The Jon Snow and Daenerys figures will be followed by three additional releases, tentatively scheduled for early May: Tyrion Lannister, Khal Drogo and Ned Stark. The suggested retail price for each figure is $24.99

A new wave of five more characters will continue in late summer 2014.

The paint application is of the highest standards, reproducing the nuances of each character’s likeness and costume. They will be presented in a deluxe window box style packaging, further underscoring the aesthetic of the HBO series with their graphic design.

Don't know about you guys but I wanted articulation action figures, not statues masquerading as action figures!

Damn, what a disappointment. I've been dying for figures from this show but like you I wanted action figures, not crappy little statues.
    PSN ID: ​stormshadow138
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nightwing77780
    My Feedback

I'd buy the hell out of a 3 3/4 line and I'd even buy a few 6" if they made them.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

Hmmm... I'm kinda interested...

Looking forward to seeing what Tyrion looks like in May (and hoping he comes with the double-headed axe, he wielded at the Battle of Blackwater)

Granted - articulation would have been nice to see in this line (nothing says 'action' like Game of Thrones!) - however, it's still not a total deal-breaker for me.
    Last edited by saddestmoon; 07-20-2013 at 04:16 AM.

I don't have a problem with small statues. I just don't think either of those looks good.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

I don't think they look good either.

I would be excited for these- if it was 2000.
    PSN ID: ​stormshadow138
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nightwing77780
    My Feedback

Have the Tyrion statue and will probably pick these up too

Here is the custom 3.75" Ruby Ford Robert I'm working on. I threw a temporary head on him (but it works nicely!) I am working on a full visor with antlers as he appears in the artistic renderings of his battle with Rhaegar. I only photoshopped the sigil on in the last picture to get an idea what it will look like. With the split torso it's going to be hard to do the sigil. I am toying with the idea of making a surcoat out of cloth and applying the sigil with that.

Anyone pick up any of these yet? Was excited when they were announced but now very much on the fence...

The new 6 inch Legacy figures are pretty cool looking.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast