Page 3 of 1039 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Acquisitions - The Black Series 6" (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LexVader View Post
    What ever happened to everything being five bucks under the MSRP? What ever happened to Walmart being devious and underhanded in order to get the lowest prices?
    They're still just as devious and underhanded as ever (speaking as someone who worked at Walmart for 2 years). However, I don't think any of these figures have been sighted at a Walmart yet. Most Walmarts are still a couple of weeks away from doing their big fall resets; so we probably won't see them until after that.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by BXR_1138 View Post
    Location?
    This was in the California San Francisco East Bay Area. The Target is in a town called Walnut Creek. Based on the DPCI lookup, they are the only place for miles to have the new wave. I believe I was the first one to get them there, so

Quote Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
    Definitely. But most stores will get them out of the back for you.

The wait for them to get to the East Coast is getting pretty tough.
    Yeah, I asked an employee there if he could lookup a number and he then turned that over to a guy in the warehouse. A couple minutes later he came out with one of each! They may not all do this, but places like Target shouldn't give you any trouble. A sale now isn't much different from a sale later to them. To my favor though, the guy I asked was new.

I'm curious to hear how Walmart is devious and underhanded because they'll sell a toy for less profit than someone else because they understand they'll sell more of them
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesanshutz
    I think you guys are full of crap about this swapping thing going on. How we do know its not you that you're doing the swapping yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by DontDissTheFett View Post
    I'm curious to hear how Walmart is devious and underhanded because they'll sell a toy for less profit than someone else because they understand they'll sell more of them
    Queue the anti-walmart comments.

But really, they get a better margin because they usually order more than other stores and they don't have products sitting in distribution centers. Everything is sent directly to stores using Just In Time stocking and that saves them a ton in operating costs.

Quote Originally Posted by DontDissTheFett View Post
    That discussion will get into personal and geopolitical political areas within a single comment, so we better just avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDub View Post
    That discussion will get into personal and geopolitical political areas within a single comment, so we better just avoid it.

If the final product looks like this, you can have 'em. If it does, I'll be stripping and repainting (or possibly recasting) the Sandtrooper helmet.

Personally, I'm more jazzed about the Saga Legends Stormtrooper.

^

Stupid no edit function. Right reply, wrong quoted statement, wrong topic, too many browser windows open.

Quote Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
    Here's the link to the DPCI Lookup: Target Mobile : Expect More Pay Less

The DPCI is: 087-06-1941

Did a quick search on the site using the Target Distribution Centers and saw a Target or two in Nevada, Arizona, and Texas have these. They've just started going out, but we should see them nationwide in the next week or so.
    Thanks for the info. I entered my zip and up to 18 miles all of these stores say out of stock.

I don't think my area received it yet.

keep in mind people, Target is gearing up for a toy reset so it's possible that they have the 6" figures in the back but because it's sitting as "Transition" it might not have been processed and wont show up in the system yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Spookymufu View Post
    keep in mind people, Target is gearing up for a toy reset so it's possible that they have the 6" figures in the back but because it's sitting as "Transition" it might not have been processed and wont show up in the system yet...
    Good to know. Was wondering if it worked similar to that.
    Luke:Master Yoda you can't die!
    Yoda:Watch me!

Page 3 of 1039 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast