Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 7 - Alien 3 3/4" Figures

Super 7 - Alien 3 3/4" Figures

Action figure insider is reporting that a company called Super 7 is recreating the Alien 3.75 inch figures from 1979, using the actual Kenner prototypes... sign me up for all!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/

Ooooh, cool! Sign me up as well! Now I can have Boba Fett go face to face with the Alien!

Holy ****ing ****. This is like a lifelong dream of mine.

Here's a better link to the product:

http://blog.super7store.com/super7-a...action-figures

What's really intriguing is that this sounds like just a part of an entire planned line called "REACTION (Retro Action) Figures Series":

"REACTION Figures are stylized exactly as items from the “golden age” of action figures with approximately five points of articulation, accessories, and period-authentic blister card packaging."

I LOVE everything about this. I have hoped for years that someone would pick up the Kenner torch and continue on with not only the true vintage Star Wars line, but any other number of brands in the Kenner style.

Best news out of SDCC for me, hands down.
    Last edited by John_Solo; 07-13-2012 at 01:03 AM.

I'm sooooo down for these

Yeah, this is awesome news! I remeber seeing the large Alien figure Kenner made back in the day, but I didn't even know about the planned Kenner line until just a couple of years ago. Would have killed for these figures as a kid, so happy to see them finally seeing the light of day. I do wonder how pricey they will be though...and how available?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Yeah, this is awesome news! I remeber seeing the large Alien figure Kenner made back in the day, but I didn't even know about the planned Kenner line until just a couple of years ago. Would have killed for these figures as a kid, so happy to see them finally seeing the light of day. I do wonder how pricey they will be though...and how available?
    I'm bracing for $25 a pop or $125 for the set of 5.

Cheaper, of course, would be better. If they sold a case of 10 for $150 ($15 per fig) I'd be over the moon, because I definitely want two sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    I do wonder how pricey they will be though...and how available?
    Since they've dug up old prototypes and are using them they should sell the new figures at the same price that they would've been had they been released originally :p You can't have everything retro and not the price as well :p

YESSS I so hope these are reasonably priced!!! I can't wait for these!!!
    My Feedback
    Please check out My Collection!
    Looking for: Aliens actors/actresses autographs

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Since they've dug up old prototypes and are using them they should sell the new figures at the same price that they would've been had they been released originally :p You can't have everything retro and not the price as well :p
    Haha...$2.99? That would be so ridiculously awesome. I long for the days of spending $3 on a new figure. I'm actually thinking these will be around $20, though, and they'll probably be super limited and only available online or in some specialty (maybe comic) stores. I need me a set of these, either way. I think I first saw the proto pics in an old Action Figure News or Tomart's in the mid '90s and have wanted these guys ever since. I wanna put the Alien behind the bar in my vintage Creature Cantina.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast