Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2440

Thread: Star Wars Rebels Thread

Navy Troopers! At long last!

I had a fangasm seeing those helmets. Briefly though it was. Now the show is truly complete.
    Last edited by Kooshmeister; 03-09-2018 at 05:18 AM.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Finally saw the finale tonight. It wasn't outstanding, but I thought it was alright. I wonder if one element of the live action series will pick up where Rebels left off?
    Black Series Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Cad Bane, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook

Though I'm almost a year behind, I just recently watched the Rebels finale. Great final episode(s). Very poignant, and a nice wrap-up to the series - especially the very ending "epilogue" which showed the fates of all of the characters (though Ezra's fate still remains a mystery). Interesting to see the little son of Hera - and it was strongly implied that Kanan was the father.

The "dream/fantasy" sequence in the Jedi Temple - where Ezra saw what happened with his parents, etc. was quite sad. It was cool to see Palpatine/The Emperor make an appearance here. I was initially thrown off by this, because when Palpatine first appeared to Ezra in the "Senator" persona this seemed to contradict that he had abandoned this persona in Episode III - which took place years before the events in Rebels. However, in thinking about this it made sense - Sideous was initially trying to get Ezra off guard by appearing to him in a more innocuous form.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 01-26-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    Finally saw the finale tonight. It wasn't outstanding, but I thought it was alright. I wonder if one element of the live action series will pick up where Rebels left off?
    I need to find a site to watch the finale. Long story short, I was mentally burnt out and needed a break from both the franchise and fandom as a whole.

BUT... I have heard a rumor that Sabine Wren might make an appearance in The Mandalorian. But I am not going to count on it since it was based on her being a Mandalorian.
    Now selling the last of my Star Wars collection.
    PLEASE LOOK! My new one will not be this for my sanity's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Sideous was initially trying to get Ezra off guard by appearing to him in a more innocuous form.
    I personally think him being this way was the saving grace for the Prequel Trilogy. He creates a revolution which allows him to retaliate with a clone army. During this time he (allegedly) hires somebody to have somebody abduct Shmi while making it look like a Tusken raiding party. This allows him to feed more negative emotions into Anakin while creating the illusion that he is the hero of the Republic. And despite the fact he is the face behind the Empire, he still has the potential to be seen as an innocent bystander to those who may never know better.

And on a side note... You guys are making me regret not seeing this episode, and even seeing a few before it in the correct order.
    Now selling the last of my Star Wars collection.
    PLEASE LOOK! My new one will not be this for my sanity's sake.

Good points about Senator Palpatine/Sideous in the PT. My point in mentioning this re: Rebels was that this series obviously takes place long after Episode III, when Sideous made his final appearance as Palpatine. When Mace Windu exposed Palpatine as Sideous on Coruscant, my understanding was that - at that point - Sideous could no longer pretend that Palpatine was a different person, and I'm sure he abandoned this "disguise/persona" subsequently.

So, when Sideous appeared as Palpatine to Ezra in the "dream sequence" in the Jedi Temple, I was initially surprised because I thought that it was common knowledge at that point that Sideous was Palpatine. However, maybe Ezra didn't know this....and/or Sideous was just falling back on this persona as a "harmless old man" to throw Ezra off guard.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 01-29-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Good points about Senator Palpatine/Sideous in the PT. My point in mentioning this re: Rebels was that this series obviously takes place long after Episode III, when Sideous made his final appearance as Palpatine. When Mace Windu exposed Palpatine as Sideous on Coruscant, my understanding was that - at that point - Sideous could no longer pretend that Palpatine was a different person, and I'm sure he abandoned this "disguise/persona" subsequently.

So, when Sideous appeared as Palpatine to Ezra in the "dream sequence" in the Jedi Temple, I was initially surprised because I thought that it was common knowledge at that point that Sideous was Palpatine. However, maybe Ezra didn't know this....and/or Sideous was just falling back on this persona as a "harmless old man" to throw Ezra off guard.
    Could be wrong but in the new canon it doesn't seem like people knew he was a sith lord.

I highly suggest you read the book Bloodlines. It really gets into some interesting stuff regarding the perceptions of the Empire by politicians,etc.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

even in the old EU, nobody knew he was a sith lord. Thrawn "figured it out" after the fact.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    I highly suggest you read the book Bloodlines. It really gets into some interesting stuff regarding the perceptions of the Empire by politicians,etc.
    +1

It's probably the best Star Wars book that I've read (I've only read a few though). Personally, I think that story is where the new line of films should have started and would have made for a much better movie than 'The Force Awakens'.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    +1

It's probably the best Star Wars book that I've read (I've only read a few though). Personally, I think that story is where the new line of films should have started and would have made for a much better movie than 'The Force Awakens'.
    That would have been an interesting starting point. Just not sure there would he enough time in a movie to full on address those things. Opening crawl probably could have given us a couple of lines about the first order's origin and maybe have them "defending" against pirates instead of the village Lor San Tekka was at. You'd probably have to leave the Starkiller Base attack for The Last Jedi
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244