Page 1 of 353 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga Legends - General Toy Discussion Thread

I like the Super Battle Droid, but that's about it.

They all look terrible. Moving on...
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...

I love the Vader. Will be interested in seeing other OT figures as they come down the pipe.

Super Kennery toys, which I really dig.

I'll only be interested in these if we see anything OT related pop up. Might be good for customizing.

The Super Battle Droid looks extremely accurate, if without articulation. I might actually consider picking that up, and possibly the clones and R4-P17 (and as stated in another thread, possibly Obi-Wan), but that's probably about it. Yoda looks kind of cool, if a bit wonky, but Mace looks horrid. Horrid.
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

From a business standpoint, they're a very gutsy move. Mattel has been putting out figures of this kind for a while (Young Justice, for example), but they certainly weren't $5.99

For a personal perspective, I genuinely dread the future of this idea, and its implications for Sequel trilogy toys.

The astromech R4-P17 looks to have almost no articulation. The legs look molded to the body in the pics I've seen.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Don't understand the logic of making an inferior sculpt for characters they already have better sculpts of. Is it still really cheaper to make a new less articulated sculpt instead of reusing older better ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Droidworld View Post
    The astromech R4-P17 looks to have almost no articulation. The legs look molded to the body in the pics I've seen.
    I don't think so; they look swivel to me.

Also, there are two redeeming qualities about these figures: the low price, and the fact that their headsculpt resembles the characters almost none, so these figures are perfect for slap-on-a-paint-job-and-done customs.
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

Page 1 of 353 1231151101 ... LastLast