Page 3 of 353 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga Legends - General Toy Discussion Thread

No - one. Rewarded for correct grammar with a smiley...
    Green Card Back | A Star Wars Blog For A More Civilised Age

ESB | R1 | ROTS | ROTJ | ANH | TPM | AOTC

Quote Originally Posted by Revanfan1 View Post
    I don't think so; they look swivel to me.

Also, there are two redeeming qualities about these figures: the low price, and the fact that their headsculpt resembles the characters almost none, so these figures are perfect for slap-on-a-paint-job-and-done customs.

Yes, I have since seen a pic where the legs are separate. And yes, the Astromech would be a nice model for some cheap customs, though I don't see how this all new sculpt would be cheaper than the BAD sculpt?

I wonder if the new saga legends figures are also slightly smaller?
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Not the worst thing in the world. I'm definitely grabbing a few SBDs. I get the appeal of Kenner-style articulation, but I'm probably going to pass on the rest of these. Now, are these meant to be in pegs for major retailers alongside the Black Series, or are they meant for bargain places like Family Dollar? I can see the "low cost kid appeal" strategy backfiring if you have these right next to higher quality figures on the pegs.
    Reader: Guys, enough with the Obi-Wans. Can we get a new cantina alien instead?
    Hasbro: Thanks for the comment! We can't get enough Obi-Wan either! We just might make that Cantina Obi-Wan you want! Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    OMG
    Figures look so bad without elbows......
    At least they don't have stupid swivel Elbows. This is much perferable to me.

My thoughts on them are they look great! The army builders esspecially will be good cheap alternatives for people who need some standing guys anyway.

As long as the sculpts are good they are just gonna sit on my shelf anyway, they don't need articulation for me. At least not for what this line is.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

I thought I would be ok with them but seeing them in those pictures. I don't think I will even bother. It would have to be a character that the only way it would be made is in this 5 poa for me to pick it up. I don't care if a figure doesn't have the 14 poa or whatever it was up to, but come on. Knees and elbows are definitely needed

I actually like some of the figures. They have a nostalgic, Kenner-flavored charm for me. It's unlikely that I will really buy any of them, but some of those Clonetroopers might be worth a purchase.

I could see army-builders getting into these since they are cheap and many army-builders only display their figures standing in formation anyway.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

I would love to support this line if they gave us something worthwhile to buy. It has a Kenner feel to it, and I love that. I loved the Bespin pack and the Luke was outstanding sculpt-wise. I know collectors had a problem with the articulation, fearing death to elbow and knee joints, but that pack had it's fans and had some good parts that customizers can use.

So instead of building on that, we get more ROTS Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Clones. Figures we've had ad nauseum. Please Hasbro, throw in something OT - ANH Leia, some type of Luke, Han, something from the movies that matter. Only then could I get behind this line. There is always hope for wave 2.

I get the feeling even kids are sick of Anakin and Obi Wan by now.
    I'm an OOT "Preferist" not an OOT "Purist"

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRook View Post
    Not the worst thing in the world. I'm definitely grabbing a few SBDs. I get the appeal of Kenner-style articulation, but I'm probably going to pass on the rest of these. Now, are these meant to be in pegs for major retailers alongside the Black Series, or are they meant for bargain places like Family Dollar? I can see the "low cost kid appeal" strategy backfiring if you have these right next to higher quality figures on the pegs.

Mass release/majore retailers. The similarly articulated Ultimate Spiderman figures are already in stores. It seems these will the kid-aimed line once Movie Heroes is done.

And with the Mission 2-pack are two of these style figures for ten dollars.

I hope some those aren't the final sculpts. The battle pack figures from last year at least had decent sculpting. These don't have ball jointed necks and some look like they were casted using old Kenner play-doh molds.

Quote Originally Posted by rookie_pilot View Post
    Please Hasbro, throw in something OT - ANH Leia, some type of Luke, Han, something from the movies that matter. Only then could I get behind this line.
    I would LOVE to see a plain Stormtrooper in this line, with the accurate sculpting and that neutral standing pose. That would be pretty awesome.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rookie_pilot View Post
    I get the feeling even kids are sick of Anakin and Obi Wan by now.
    Considering that they've consistently pegwarmed in nearly every incarnation since 2005, that may be an understatement. It's going to be especially weird this year, because by the time these hit stores ROTS will be eight years old. It would've been justified by ROTS 3D but that's been cancelled (and it looks like Hasbro is going to be left holding the bag on this one), so who exactly is going to buy these?
    Reader: Guys, enough with the Obi-Wans. Can we get a new cantina alien instead?
    Hasbro: Thanks for the comment! We can't get enough Obi-Wan either! We just might make that Cantina Obi-Wan you want! Stay tuned!

Page 3 of 353 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast