Page 2 of 353 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga Legends - General Toy Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
    Don't understand the logic of making an inferior sculpt for characters they already have better sculpts of. Is it still really cheaper to make a new less articulated sculpt instead of reusing older better ones?
    This has been covered ad nauseam: The increased number of parts equal way more plastic and assembly time, thus driving up the cost. They needed a low cost solution for kids.

It's fine for a younger audience. My only hopes were that they would have ball jointed heads and that I would be able to scour the line for useable headsculpts but these are all swivel. I guess that would defeat the purpose as these are obviously designed to take a beating.

OMG
    Figures look so bad without elbows......

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDub View Post
    This has been covered ad nauseam: The increased number of parts equal way more plastic and assembly time, thus driving up the cost. They needed a low cost solution for kids.
    Then why quit making CW figs those had to be cheaper than these.

Quote Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
    Then why quit making CW figs those had to be cheaper than these.
    Because either Lucasfilm decreed it or the market dried up. And they're not movie figures, which is (and always has been) the main engine for the brand.

But, none of this matter to adult collector who articulation fans - the Black Series 3 3/4" will charge ahead and there will not be a single repack after Wave 2.Either all new figures or retooled existing figures to make them more screen accurate. These are the Hasbro quotes from today, paraphrased.

EDIT EDIT EDIT, please.

Because either Lucasfilm decreed it or the market dried up. And they're not movie figures, which is (and always has been) the main engine for the brand.

But, none of this matter to adult collector who articulation fans - the Black Series 3 3/4" will charge ahead and there will not be a single repack after Wave 2.Either all new figures or retooled existing figures to make them more screen accurate. These are the Hasbro quotes from today, paraphrased.
    But none of them will be EU!
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Revanfan1 View Post
    But none of them will be EU!
    Which is an admitted bummer. I do love that Mara though, and will be getting it.

Which is an admitted bummer. I do love that Mara though, and will be getting it.
    *sigh* Me too...I'd rather "talk" some sense into Hasbro, though! And by "talk," I mean smash with a hammer!
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

I know there's still a lot of existing EU that could be covered, but isn't it possible that Lucasfilm/Disney has ordered this to be left alone in the build up to the sequels? I vaguely remember something with pre-'99 EU where nne was allowed to touch anything Clone Wars related; it could be a similar 'cool down' period ahead of the new films.

Page 2 of 353 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast