Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anakins Jedi Starfighter (Class 2)

I still don't understand the shrinking of some of these ships. I want kids to enjoy having ships they can " handle", but why waste all those existing molds. My son had no problem with them when he was younger. I can understand a smaller Slave I, gunship, Falcon and other big ships for the kids. That makes sense. I give up ever seeing an all new ship I would buy now. Sad to think all the ships from the new movies are going to be little micro versions.

Is this a tiny wee version then?

Emperor's Hand

I have always found the ROTS style Starfighter to be a bit large so this one may work but it all depends on the Droid dome. If it is out of scale with the 3 3/4" range like the AOTC Starfighter's is then pass, if not then I may have a small amount of interest in this release.
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

Quote Originally Posted by stylie_steve View Post
    I have always found the ROTS style Starfighter to be a bit large so this one may work but it all depends on the Droid dome. If it is out of scale with the 3 3/4" range like the AOTC Starfighter's is then pass, if not then I may have a small amount of interest in this release.
    Good point! I was excited about these ships but yes, if it has this pea-sized dome it's going to kill it for me.

Yes, the pea-sized dome is downright odd. Especially since we've all seen the Yoda mini-rig with the full scale B.A.D head... Honestly, if these are truly for kids --- and of course they are --- then the tiny head is doubly strange as the B.A.D interchangeability would truly add so much more play value to the toy... So, yeah, definitely an odd move on Hasbro to go pea sized and permanently affixed. Just downright dumb, in my opinion...
    Go check out my "Vintaged Up" custom SANDCRAWLER interiors in the Customizing Thread! My fist attempt at any such venture... And I think it looks pretty dang cool.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1094836/#post19072819

I posted this in the Toy Fair 2013 thread, but it makes sense to post it here:

I might purchase Anakin's ROTS Starfighter. At Celebration III back in 2005 I was faced with the tough decision of which Jedi Starfighter I would choose. I went with Obi Wan's red one and haven't had the opportunity since to pick up Anakin's for a decent price (has it been almost eight years already?). I was hoping they'd release a straight-up repack, but while I'll reserve final judgment until we'll see some scale comparison pictures between the original sculpts, it has to be noted that the sculpt on the new one looks very precise. No safety rubber wing tips that soften the edges of the ship on this release. Kind of annoying that they'll be different scales, but when hung slightly apart could be interpreted as a faux-perspective depth to any display.

I do wonder about two things, though: Will they still have unique headrests between Anakin and Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighters? I thought that attention to detail was astonishing on the old, considering it's something you'll only notice on a second look. And secondly, I wonder, will they chance Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter color between the prototype on display and the final release? In the movie, unlike Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, it wasn't a dark grey, it was more of an off-white/ silver color. Now would be a good opportunity to get the color palette closer to the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranusspotting View Post
    Will they still have unique headrests between Anakin and Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighters?
    Wow! I'd never noticed that before!
    After checking mine out it now seems odd that they didn't do this for the white film versions too.
    May you live in interesting times.

It's not looking good. Comparing the details on both domes seems to indicate they share the same mold. The eyeport being the more prominent similarity. It looks as though Hasbro ****ed themselves out of a purchase from me. Too bad as this new Starfighter is leaps and bounds over the last and then they fudge the **** out of important detail.

Oh, just noticed those poorly placed missile firing buttoms. Hasbro, why on Earth would you a) place these on the top instead of the bottom of the ship and b) why didn't you colour them silver? It's oversights like this that give off that careless imagethe company has of late.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast