Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anakins Jedi Starfighter (Class 2)

Scale wise, these ships are great and super accurate. They actually make Gunships and Arc170s actually look like they're 12-17m long giants now! The new wing system works better for me too. I always felt the spring mechanism never allowed the wings to open up to their true level like in the film, so no that's gone, I can get the movie look I want. The landing gear is really a big problem either for me. It's not like I stare at the bottom of the ship anyways, and I either display my fighters crashed, or in action, so no gear is needed. As for the astromech, I think it should have been a little bigger like a few mm either way. As is, i think it's a few mm away from being 'believable'. This however is inescapable no matter how they do it since MR CGI decided to half *** the ship in movie causing a million little problems in the real world for it.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.

Landing gears isn't a problem

(damn edit feature/lack of!)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Appo. I'm not finding many reviews on these starfighters so it's great to see some more input.

One thing I particularly like about these is how thin the wings are compared to the older ROTS mold. A weird thing to like, I know, but it just looks way more accurate than the thick wings of the older mold. I also like how the main laser cannons are nice and straight, whereas on the older mold they always seem to end up bent inwards at the tip of the cannons. Admittedly, I did recently pick up a ROTS Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter instead (mainly because I like the paint job on the ROTS one), but I'm still interested in grabbing a Saga Legends one somewhere down the line. The upcoming repaint of Obi-Wan's replacement fighter is a good candidate!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiichi View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Appo. I'm not finding many reviews on these starfighters so it's great to see some more input.

One thing I particularly like about these is how thin the wings are compared to the older ROTS mold. A weird thing to like, I know, but it just looks way more accurate than the thick wings of the older mold. I also like how the main laser cannons are nice and straight, whereas on the older mold they always seem to end up bent inwards at the tip of the cannons. Admittedly, I did recently pick up a ROTS Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter instead (mainly because I like the paint job on the ROTS one), but I'm still interested in grabbing a Saga Legends one somewhere down the line. The upcoming repaint of Obi-Wan's replacement fighter is a good candidate!
    The thinner wings do look good on these ships, and the blasters are nice and straight thanks to the fact that this time, the main body of them is sculpted into the hard plastic ship body as opposed to rubber extras stuck on. The very end of each blaster is still rubber for safety reasons, but there's no room in there for them to bend out of shape, so another plus for these new sculpts!

Put me down as a fan of these too. I picked them both up and they look great. My only gripe is the 'guesswork' involved with setting the wings but whatever.

I didnt know exactly where to place this question, as there was not a thread for the item itself.

But going by all these "smaller" vehicles being made, are we to assume that the vehicle that's being made for the 1st time ever -Anakin's yellow fighter with the Droid on the SIDE as seen in the movies, as apposed to in the FRONT as seen in the cartoon. Not that we ever saw this particular vehicle on screen, but no doubt it existed.
    Are we to assume that this first-ever-release is going to be made "mini-me" style? If so, shame you Hasbro.

Hello, do you mean an AOTC type starfighter for Anakain? If so, you're right, we've never seen that on screen. I can't imagine it's in Hasbro's plans but all it would take is a simple repaint.

I don't like the AOTC in the small scale but the ROTS ones are great.

I just picked up Anakins Delta 7 Starfighter. I didn't have it and couldn't remember why.
    It's small scale. It's awful. Now I wish I didn't have it.
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

Quote Originally Posted by Koth View Post
    I just picked up Anakins Delta 7 Starfighter. I didn't have it and couldn't remember why.
    It's small scale. It's awful. Now I wish I didn't have it.

I know this doesn't really help, but at least you know why you hadn't bought this before.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567