Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anakins Jedi Starfighter (Class 2)

So, is there any confirmation on whether the scale of the ROTS fighter is more or less accurate to the film versus the original mold?

Quote Originally Posted by DTW View Post
    So, is there any confirmation on whether the scale of the ROTS fighter is more or less accurate to the film versus the original mold?
    The book "The Star Wars Chronicles - The Prequels" has a huge fold out section of pages with of all the vehicles shown in scale with each other as well as telling in meters the length of each craft. The current ROTS Jedi Starfighter is too big. Those fighters should be about the same length as the yellow speeder Obi-Wan and Anakin drive in Episode 2. They are really small. The ROTS Starfight should be a few meters shorter than the Jedi Starfighters in AOTC. Most of the R2 Unit toys are also too big which ads to this problem. The Vintage R2-D2 is closest to actual size.t

Quote Originally Posted by JediDelight View Post
    The book "The Star Wars Chronicles - The Prequels" has a huge fold out section of pages with of all the vehicles shown in scale with each other as well as telling in meters the length of each craft. The current ROTS Jedi Starfighter is too big. Those fighters should be about the same length as the yellow speeder Obi-Wan and Anakin drive in Episode 2. They are really small. The ROTS Starfight should be a few meters shorter than the Jedi Starfighters in AOTC. Most of the R2 Unit toys are also too big which ads to this problem. The Vintage R2-D2 is closest to actual size.t
    So does this mean the 2013 ROTS fighter is also too big, or is it on the mark?

Im not sure yet. But it looks like the proportions are correct on the new one. The original 2005 ROTS Jedi Starfighte Toy is too wide and the front part too long. I'm looking at the book now for info. Here is what it says and shows

the Jedi Interceptor (The Revenge of the Jedi Star Fighter) is 5.47 meters long.

The Jedi Starfighter (The Attack of the Clones Fighter) is 8.0 meters long.

Anakin's airspeed (Which I think he stole) is 6.23 meters long.

So the airspeeder is actually longer than the Jedi Interceptor. It's a very little fighter.

Heres about how big it should be. If you have a clone wars jedi starfighter and make it two pieces. The cockpit side is about how big a rots starfighter should be.

It's too big. I'll wait for a smaller version.
    Wish List: Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Barge Weequay, Shasa Tiel, Geezum, Gauron Nas Tal, Fozec, Tessek, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Mercenary Pilot, Gailid, human skiff guard, Pote. (Underlined figure needs update).

Sorry guys, just to make sure, this is smaller than previous ROTS fighters, and the Astro dome is smaller than BAD domes and not replaceable. Correct?

(Also, if it is smaller vehicle, proortions are still out of whack to film scale?)
    Thanks, in advance.
    MTFBWY

I saw the class II vehicles at Walmart yesterday and just didn't feel like buying any of them. I guess all the changes recently have cured my completionism and I'm going to be a little more focused going forward.

I saw the new Class II a few weeks back and then I saw that the price was exactly the same as the old Class II vehicles and completely lost any of the interest I might have had in any kind of smaller PT ship.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

not sure if I want to invest more money in new vehicles... the original ROTS Jedi Interceptor is good enough for me.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast