Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo - May 25, 2018

You can't have Han Solo without Harrison Ford - you just can't.

Banned

^
    When the character is much too young for him to possibly play the role you can. I did'nt hear people belly aching about the casting change when River Phoenix played young Indy at the beginning of The Last Crusade.
    Last edited by Darth_Engelhast; 02-01-2013 at 10:27 AM.

I would watch it. I don't think it's likely to be made, but Star Wars is Star Wars for me. They can reboot the OT characters twice a week, for all I care. I just want to see more stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Jubnux View Post
    A "Young Solo" series would be pretty bad, no argument there. Even though it would be a tease, perhaps we could see Han in a brief and limited capacity (such as a quick mention, or a silent background character)? I know your feelings on a Star Wars universe that is too small and coincidental, but this would be an opportunity to give a very cl**** nod to a beloved OT character, plus it would give him a feeling of context in the post-ROTS pre-ANH universe.
    What was censored in "cl****"? But I agree, a Han cameo would be fine. Just make it at some seedy spaceport, possibly a bar, a guy in Han-like clothes (ANH outfit, but maybe a shirt of a different color) w/ a Wookiee. Just passing thru, no big deal, doesn't shrink the galaxy too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Dash Rendar movie.
    No. NO! Keep Dash away from everything. I'd rather a Han-type character that isn't so closely modeled after Han (aside from wacky outfit), OR goes on to be as tied into the Rebellion as Dash did. A smuggler in the Dark Times who was at his prime 5-10 years before ANH, not reaching it during OT-time. Someone NEW, and not someone with higher aspirations ala Karrde (running his own smuggling empire).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Engelhast View Post
    ^
    When the character is much too young for him to possibly play the role you can. I did'nt hear people belly aching about the casting change when River Phoenix played young Indy at the beginning of The Last Crusade.
    That was a 10 minute scene. An entire series about a young Han Solo would probably be terrible, like the Young Indy series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    An entire series about a young Han Solo would probably be terrible, like the Young Indy series.

Josh Hartnett young Solo.

Banned

That could work.

Harrison Ford is much too old to do a Han Solo movie and I while a movie about a younger Han could work, having a character like like the main focus of the movie would be difficult to do, it'd most likely end up the same as Kirk did from the 2009 Trek movie, i.e. a completely unlikeable, immature, pompous jerk. Seeing these characters in their youths just isn't a good idea, even if it sounds like it might be on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfax View Post
    Harrison Ford is much too old to do a Han Solo movie and I while a movie about a younger Han could work, having a character like like the main focus of the movie would be difficult to do, it'd most likely end up the same as Kirk did from the 2009 Trek movie, i.e. a completely unlikeable, immature, pompous jerk. Seeing these characters in their youths just isn't a good idea, even if it sounds like it might be on paper.

How dare you! Star Trek was an excellent movie directed by the brilliant JJ Abrams and if you don't agree then you're not a true Star Wars fan.

Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast