Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214
Results 2,131 to 2,136 of 2136

Thread: Han Solo - May 25, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Nevermind, then.
    I get what you're saying. And yeah, i wished they had just made him a stormtrooper as well.

I guess my question is - has disney officially named the WEG sourcebook stories you're refernecing as cannon, or did they just borrow some of the elements from it (like those imperial grunts).

Watching Solo, i just assumed that the army that Han got dropped into were basically just the pawns.. the low level foot soldiers that get sent in on emerging battlefronts to soften up the opposing army before you send in more valuable assets like stormtroopers. The thought that there would be some tie between former cannon and what im presented with now never entered my mind (despite the similarities,) and part of me thinks that Disney may have reintroduced the imperial grunt, without actually reintroducing the former cannon that explains their existence (unless im missing a story or something that explicitly states the former cannon is cannon again)?

Either way, im one of those unlikable dweebs that actually liked solo, so i may be biased on this one. Obviously, it's not a patch on the originals, but, Ive watched it 5 times in its entirety, which is more than i can say for any of the PT, or other sequel/story movies.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

in the original origin story, he was a pilot. on a slave ship, transporting wookiees.
    he was disgusted by the treatment of the wookiees and he staged a mutiny.
    he freed chewbacca, and the rest is history.

--> Kasdan was stupid to just rewrite his own version of an iconic Origin Story.
    that would be like changing Superman's Origin to make him a government experiment instead of an Alien Refugee.
    or changing Spiderman's Origin so he gets his powers from the Tesseract instead of the radioactive spider.
    you can't just change the Origin Story of popular and iconic character... the fans will revolt and you WILL lose money at the box office.
    (just saying).
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    in the original origin story, he was a pilot. on a slave ship, transporting wookiees.
    he was disgusted by the treatment of the wookiees and he staged a mutiny.
    he freed chewbacca, and the rest is history.

--> Kasdan was stupid to just rewrite his own version of an iconic Origin Story.
    that would be like changing Superman's Origin to make him a government experiment instead of an Alien Refugee.
    or changing Spiderman's Origin so he gets his powers from the Tesseract instead of the radioactive spider.
    you can't just change the Origin Story of popular and iconic character... the fans will revolt and you WILL lose money at the box office.
    (just saying).

That and all the stupid explanations for everything, name, gun, etc.
    Some of it would have been okay to tell the story about, if done in a good way.
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Origin stories get changed all the time.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

And often not for the best, as was the case with 'Solo'.

One of the origin stories that is constantly chaned within the one run of a comic is Captain America. Sometimes he drinks a potion...sometimes he is injected with a serum...so on so forth. It annoyed me as a kid, still kind of bugs me as an adult. We never got to see past the inital story offered up for Solo, so these things could still happen. Maybe not in the order or manor we think they did. Legends tend to get more robust along the way and I think thats how they would explain it.

Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214