Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo - May 25, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Engelhast View Post
    they could tie them in together and have the stories overlap at one point.
    I wouldn't doubt that's what is gonna happen, like the episodes are the avengers, in between the avengers are solo films, for star wars there will be solo films in between episodes.
    if you hate the new disney Sequels and Spin Offs you are a dumb racist sexist bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Engelhast View Post
    ...or it could be awesome. The weekly adventures of Han Solo's smuggling misadventures.....that could be "Firefly" epic.
    ...in that it'd be canceled after one (half) season? I love Firefly, but... no. For one thing, it'd most likely saddle Han & Chewie with a regular supporting cast, kinda like Bollux & Blue Max in the Han Solo Adventures only there'd be a female lead for romantic tension with Han, probably some other non-human type, and probably droids (admittedly it'd be fun if it actually WERE Bollux & Blue Max, for the early-EU cred) for comic relief. Some reprogrammed Battle Droid or Pit Droid ala the guy from the Gascon arc, 'Roger roger'ing around, making wisecracks, translating for Chewie or something when Han wasn't around.

The adventures of a Han-TYPE smuggler in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn't mind. But Young Han Solo? All I see are the pitfalls. The massive, yawning, bottomless pitfalls. The frequent 'ironic' remarks 'foreshadowing' his OT activities (Jabba making some crack about Han & his penchant for troublesome ladies being the end of him, yuk yuk yuk! Just like Obi-Wan in AOTC!), tons of references to the OT & PT, near-miss encounters with a young Leia... all stuff they've tackled in the 'young' Han Solo Trilogy, kinda.

Plus, it's really just more Prequel stuff! If there's "Dark Times" series, I'd rather explore characters OTHER than the main OT heroes.

Plus, Young Indiana Jones was dire.
    May you live in interesting times.

I liked some of Young Indy. Way too many historical figures he'd befriend, date, clash against, etc... Kid Young Indy was a snoozefest for me (granted, I only watched one episode of THAT Young Indy, back when it premiered, and avoided the Kid ones ever after)

Banned

I liked young Indy and I really appreciate that Lucas was trying to teach folks some history with it. Skewed history - sure but there were many episodes that made me go to the library and learn more.

It's kind of sad to think that in a few generations going to the library will probably mean going over and grabbing an iPad 10

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    The adventures of a Han-TYPE smuggler in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn't mind.
    Dash Rendar movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    Don't tempt them, Jub. They're liable to make a Young Han Solo SERIES, and that would go bad very quickly.
    A "Young Solo" series would be pretty bad, no argument there. Even though it would be a tease, perhaps we could see Han in a brief and limited capacity (such as a quick mention, or a silent background character)? I know your feelings on a Star Wars universe that is too small and coincidental, but this would be an opportunity to give a very cl**** nod to a beloved OT character, plus it would give him a feeling of context in the post-ROTS pre-ANH universe.
    Figure Nominations:

Reegesk, Aurra Sing, Kleef, Bothan Spy, DS2 Luke, SA Rebel Commando's (Tantive IV & Endor), Lowbacca

I'd rather see a prequel to the PT about how the republic was formed and the jedi order was founded. I know I can just go to the EU but I think it would make and interesting series for TV.
    I love Monkeys!!!! my feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077896/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfedbigdaddy View Post
    I'd rather see a prequel to the PT about how the republic was formed and the jedi order was founded. I know I can just go to the EU but I think it would make and interesting series for TV.
    That almost put me asleep just reading about it.

yawn.

Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast