Page 112 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2131

Thread: Han Solo - May 25, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    laughing my **** off!!! Best parody account on here in years
    Yeah I get it it's way over your head. Your more of a emotional little guy (?) with real raw feelings all the time and can't comprehend any kind of common sense. Now back to your Womans' power march!
    Last edited by DarthMickeyMoose; 02-08-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMickeyMoose View Post
    Yeah I get it it's way over your head. Your more of a emotional little guy (?) with real raw feelings all the time and can't comprehend any kind of common sense. Now back to your Womans' power march!
    I love you
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Donald Glover is also in the Martian.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    well, based on the last 2 films there's typically 4 sizes: the hasbro 3.75, the 6, 12, and giant - the last 3 being all the same sculpt but in asst sizes. and theres grouped sets. I buzz thru the WM where they are whenevr I go. they usually hang around a while
    I'm assuming that you are referring to the Jakks Pacific figures when you mention the "giant" scale. Since those are from a completely different company, it's highly doubtful that they would share the same sculpt as the Hasbro figures.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Didn't see it posted yet but Ford was apparently an advisor

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/harr...ar-wars-story/
    TBH, that's almost laughable. Why is advisement needed from someone who hated the character, does this even make any sense to do? lol

So he signs on to advise on a character that he had very little interest in? Must be the $$$
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

he never said he hated the character.
    he said he wanted Han to die in ROTJ because it would add 'gravitas' to the film and complete Han's arc:

from selfish loner to selfless hero -- this is given as the difference between jedi and sith, afterall: "selfish vs selfless".
    it's a central theme of star wars.

Han's arc in ANH took him from a selfish rogue who only cared about himself, to actually saving Luke in the end, because he 'cares' about Luke.
    if you project this original arc onto a "Trilogy" then it would make sense for Han to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his friends. it's a no-brainer.

harrison has explained this in interviews: at the time he told George, "I'm not going to get the girl anyways, so Han should die to save Luke, which would enable Luke&Leia to get together" (paraphrased).
    and GL's famous response was : "nobody buys 'dead han' dolls" (quoted).

so instead of killing Han, he came up with the bright idea to make Luke and Leia 'twins', to explain why han gets the girl. this is patently ridiculous.
    and this is why Harrison thought Han should die -- because the alternative was ridiculous, and ONLY motivated by "toy" sales.

it makes for a better character, (in fact and EPIC character), if han dies -- as an actor, it makes perfect sense that he would advocate for this.
    not because he hated the character, but because he wanted Han to be a "better" character. it didn't happen.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    TBH, that's almost laughable. Why is advisement needed from someone who hated the character, does this even make any sense to do? lol

So he signs on to advise on a character that he had very little interest in? Must be the $$$
    No Doubt it was about a large some of Cash and putting Ford's name somewhere on the Movie. I'm sure they held meetings on how to get Ford's name near the Movie. Hollywood is so creepy! Kathleen Kennedy isn't fooling anyone....

No Doubt it was about a large some of Cash and putting Ford's name somewhere on the Movie. I'm sure they held meetings on how to get Ford's name near the Movie. Hollywood is so creepy! Kathleen Kennedy isn't fooling anyone....
    Has been for decades and finally pigs are getting what they deserve
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    he never said he hated the character.
    he said he wanted Han to die in ROTJ because it would add 'gravitas' to the film and complete Han's arc:

from selfish loner to selfless hero -- this is given as the difference between jedi and sith, afterall: "selfish vs selfless".
    it's a central theme of star wars.

Han's arc in ANH took him from a selfish rogue who only cared about himself, to actually saving Luke in the end, because he 'cares' about Luke.
    if you project this original arc onto a "Trilogy" then it would make sense for Han to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his friends. it's a no-brainer.

harrison has explained this in interviews: at the time he told George, "I'm not going to get the girl anyways, so Han should die to save Luke, which would enable Luke&Leia to get together" (paraphrased).
    and GL's famous response was : "nobody buys 'dead han' dolls" (quoted).

so instead of killing Han, he came up with the bright idea to make Luke and Leia 'twins', to explain why han gets the girl. this is patently ridiculous.
    and this is why Harrison thought Han should die -- because the alternative was ridiculous, and ONLY motivated by "toy" sales.

it makes for a better character, (in fact and EPIC character), if han dies -- as an actor, it makes perfect sense that he would advocate for this.
    not because he hated the character, but because he wanted Han to be a "better" character. it didn't happen.
    Yeah, if Harrison Ford hated the character of Han Solo, then he would show up on set, recite his lines, then move on to the next project. The fact that he had opinions about what should happen to Han next shows that he actually cared about the character.

Hollywood is so creepy!
    True, but that creepiness goes waaaaay beyond strategies for promoting new Star Wars movies.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I also never said that he "hated" the character. But it's also no secret that he didn't exactly "love" it either. To me, it always felt as if he regarded being attached to SW with a bit of disdain. Or perhaps non interest. Whenever I'd see him in interviews throughout the years, it appeared that he felt like he'd rather avoid the SW questions. The whenever it was brought up.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 112 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast