Page 51 of 1532 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    A Rancor In this scale would be incredible.
    And about $200-300.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    And about $200-300.
    Maybe not. Mattel did Granamyr for MOTUC for about $100, shipped. All new parts (except the wings) and it was huge.

Yeah, but granamyr isn't much bigger than the 3 3/4" scaled rancor, honestly. (he is pretty under scaled as a toy). How big would a 6" scale rancor be? I would think you're talking closer to 150 at least.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

I keep thinking you guys are being sarcastic but it’s starting to sink in that you’re serious. At a time when people are *****ing about the price of a 3.75” and the supporting product, and Hasbro is cutting back in size and articulation and cancelling lines due to cost, you’re asking them to recreate what they’ve done in the 3.75” only now in 6” scale so you can spend hundreds of dollars duplicating a collection you probably already own? I think you guys are off your nut.

E...
    Eric Franks
    "I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"
    Trade Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by efranks View Post
    I keep thinking you guys are being sarcastic but it’s starting to sink in that you’re serious. At a time when people are *****ing about the price of a 3.75” and the supporting product, and Hasbro is cutting back in size and articulation and cancelling lines due to cost, you’re asking them to recreate what they’ve done in the 3.75” only now in 6” scale so you can spend hundreds of dollars duplicating a collection you probably already own? I think you guys are off your nut.

E...
    There's no way they'll ever get anywhere close to the 2000+ figures and hundreds of vehicles of the 3 3/4" line. I speak for myself only of course, but I cannot see myself getting more than... 40 of these things, when all is said and done. And that's at the upper limit. I'd be perfectly happy with like 25, if that's all I got. 10 would even be fine.

And I dumped my 4" stuff slowly over the last 4 years. I have next to nothing at this point, save for a full PayPal account. So there's no duplication in this house.

Quote Originally Posted by efranks View Post

E...
    I've sold off most of my 3.75" Star Wars collection over the last 2 years. This time last year, I had well over 200 action figures. Last week, I was down to 35. As of today, I'm down to less than 12 action figures (which includes my vintage Kenner collection). As for vehicles/beasts/etc., all I have left is my POTF2 Tatooine Skiff, everything else is gone (including my BMF and BAT-AT). I still plan to cut my collection down in size by about 50%.

I've done these sorts of "purges" before and then would slowly rebuild with only the items that I really wanted. But now I have the option of rebuilding with a 6" line instead of yet another 3.75" line. So, this announcement coming at this specific time in my life is just a serendipitous coincidence.

Besides, I've always loved looking at photos of some of the high-end Star Wars collectibles from Sideshow, Gentle Giant, etc.; but could never justify the cost of collecting from those companies. Now there is the potential for Sideshow or Gentle Giant quality at a much lower cost.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I agree that this line's success will be key in how expansive it will be. The size of the creatures / vehicles is not really a factor... If the demand is there, it will happen. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I've sold off most of my 3.75" Star Wars collection over the last 2 years. This time last year, I had well over 200 action figures. Last week, I was down to 35. As of today, I'm down to less than 12 action figures (which includes my vintage Kenner collection). As for vehicles/beasts/etc., all I have left is my POTF2 Tatooine Skiff, everything else is gone (including my BMF and BAT-AT).
    So you sold off all your GG's and red bandana Kithabas too? That takes willpower.
    Wish List: Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Barge Weequay, Shasa Tiel, Geezum, Gauron Nas Tal, Fozec, Tessek, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Mercenary Pilot, Gailid, human skiff guard, Pote. (Underlined figure needs update).

Quote Originally Posted by tanksmasher View Post
    So you sold off all your GG's and red bandana Kithabas too? That takes willpower.
    I kept two of each, along with 2 brown-bandana Kithabas. So that's 6. Ephant Mon, two 2006 Baradas, a VOTC Chewbacca, VTAC Bossk, and a vintage Kenner Gamorrean Guard make up the rest of my action figure collection as of right now. The next cut is going to be the most painful one.

I hope we see a nice number of these figures each year (12-15) and they leave the vehicles out at first.

I see this line as a dangerous line for Hasbro. I think at first it will do well, but it needs to establish itself first and show that it can stick around before anything larger becomes involved. That also goes for second tier characters. If they release one cantina alien, people will ask for a lot more. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but until this line can establish itself, too many deviations from iconic characters too soon could spell doom.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Page 51 of 1532 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast