Page 50 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

They'll probably make all the vehicles/beasts that have been made in previous larger lines assuming it's successful and lasts long enough.
    R.I.P. PETER MAYHEW

Quote Originally Posted by efranks View Post
    what would a vehicle line for a 6" line be, $60?
    I'm guessing the vehicles would come packed with a figure and they would probably cost between $80-100 for a set like a Speeder Bike packed with a Biker Scout. $120-130 if they are TRU exclusives.

That seems to be consistent with current pricing, but I would only buy something like an ROTJ Speeder Bike, a Dewback and/or a Tauntaun for those prices. Anything Prequel related, like the Sith Speeder, BARC Speeder or a Stap, would be out of the question.

If the 6" line is successful, then I foresee Hasbro testing the waters on this idea, with something like a Tauntaun w/Luke or Han, a Dewback w/Sandtrooper, or a Speeder Bike w/Biker Scout, within 2 years. If a major, iconic release like one of those isn't successful, then there little hope for anything else.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

If they're partnered up with GG on this one, perhaps they will channel some environment pieces (cockpit, cantina booth, etc) through them. They ran the numbers with Sideshow at some point about doing the same for the 4" line, but couldn't make it work. If they're targeting a pure collector niche this time around (instead of their typical "have our cake and eat it too" approach), I wonder if they'd revisit that?

I wouldn't really that stuff personally. Only thing I'd really want is a Dewback, and only if it was the '77 Star Wars model - not the SE or PT one. I'd pay $50 for that Dewback.

And, to give some perspective to some of the pricing speculation as it would apply to a mass market 6" Collector line:

6" Scale Vehicle:
    MOTU: Wind Raider

6" Scale Creature/Mount:
    Battle Cat® Figure

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'm guessing the vehicles would come packed with a figure
    Yup. Probably an already-released-singly figure, too.
    May you live in interesting times.

^ With a very slightly different paint op.

(Damn EDIT!!!!!)
    May you live in interesting times.

If the line is supposed to be super articulated, what would be the point of all that articulation if you couldn't put them in cockpits and ride beasts and so forth. I mean, yeah you can pose them in static poses but isn't the point of all that articulation to be able to fit in vehicles? Just a thought. Otherwise, it would be just as easy to make them a line of small statues.

Quote Originally Posted by jalthe1andonly View Post
    If the line is supposed to be super articulated, what would be the point of all that articulation if you couldn't put them in cockpits and ride beasts and so forth. I mean, yeah you can pose them in static poses but isn't the point of all that articulation to be able to fit in vehicles? Just a thought. Otherwise, it would be just as easy to make them a line of small statues.
    Being able to change poses is the point of articulation, though. I'm not sure if Hasbro could do statues, either. Kotobukiya produces statues that aren't much bigger (and cost twice as much). Hasbro is limited by their license for what products they can produce.

Kotobukiya ArtFX+ are 1:10 scale, while 6" figures are 1:12.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Yup. Probably an already-released-singly figure, too.
    I would assume that would be the case. Or they would include a new figure, that would be released again individually later on.

Quote Originally Posted by jalthe1andonly View Post
    The super-articulation isn't just for fitting in vehicles. It's so that collectors can choose their own poses for display their figures. So the figure can be in an action related pose or a neutral pose, or something in between. Without the articulation, then this line just becomes Unleashed version 2.0. Usually I like to change up the poses on my figures every once in a while just to keep the displays from feeling too stale. I don't do it very often, but it's nice to know the option is there.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

A Rancor In this scale would be incredible.
    R.I.P. PETER MAYHEW

Page 50 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast