Page 1509 of 1520 FirstFirst ... 5091009140914591499150715081509151015111519 ... LastLast
Results 15,081 to 15,090 of 15199

Thread: The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

  1. #15081
    Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    Stormtroopers need to almost always be available. I'd prefer them make the ANH Spacetrooper with a new helmet and use that from now on. It'd give us a shot at a new more accurate helmet and you'd have options on an army builder which always helps sales.

    As for Sandtroopers I'd rather them do different weathering patterns than straight rereleases but besides the Dewback one they're not very easy to get ahold of for anywhere near retail. Considering how old the original releases are now it's definitely not overkill to rerelease them. Making new weathering variations would satisfy both groups, hell I'd sell off my dupes of the original releases if I had options for differently weathered ones.

    I feel like Archive will run it's course much faster than we expect.
    Bingo.

    If there's one figure that looks better beside another few of its type, it's the stormtrooper. I could hock off every single BS6 figure I have, but I don't think I'd get rid of my troops. It was the Stormie that got me into collecting this nonsense in the frost place.

    Although, I wouldn't say no to a re-release with the Sandtrooper helmet without the weathering, as it was a perfect Stormtrooper helmet. Why it was changed on the straight trooper release, I don't know.

  2. #15082
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeGhostal View Post
    The Archive line has to at least do Bespin and Jedi Luke - both hard-to-find figures that desperately need PhotoReal.
    Both of these figures will need a complete re-sculpt of the face and I'm not sure that the Archive line is going to do that. A simple repaint still leaves Luke looking like he's just had the crap scared outta him in his Bespin Fatigues and while the face will look a wee bit better with a straightforward repaint, it'll still be just as weird and disapointing. I've still no idea what the sculptor was referencing when they created that head. It's damn shame, because Bespin Luke was the Luke I was wanting the most.

    The Jedi Luke head is also a weird one. But maybe a photoreal paint job would work better in this case. At the moment, I have him covered in a cloak, so he still gets a place on the shelf. But when I actually look at his face, he gets closer and closer to going back in his box.

    Next to the other photoreal human figures, they look laughable now.

  3. #15083
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSquadSev11 View Post
    Isn't that the First Order Stormtrooper? I know Yakface has an E8 Stormtrooper listed.
    Could be right. I'm guessing they'll throw in a regular FO Stormtrooper in one of the Rise of Skywalker waves. I'm sure I read somewhere OT Stormtroopers were getting a repack this year too though

  4. #15084
    Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Both of these figures will need a complete re-sculpt of the face and I'm not sure that the Archive line is going to do that. A simple repaint still leaves Luke looking like he's just had the crap scared outta him in his Bespin Fatigues and while the face will look a wee bit better with a straightforward repaint, it'll still be just as weird and disapointing. I've still no idea what the sculptor was referencing when they created that head. It's damn shame, because Bespin Luke was the Luke I was wanting the most.

    The Jedi Luke head is also a weird one. But maybe a photoreal paint job would work better in this case. At the moment, I have him covered in a cloak, so he still gets a place on the shelf. But when I actually look at his face, he gets closer and closer to going back in his box.

    Next to the other photoreal human figures, they look laughable now.
    Didnt Yak face say we would be getting a Jabba palace Luke? Thatís probably a full new sculpt and photo real. Much better than an archive release.

  5. #15085
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak_Ren View Post
    Didnt Yak face say we would be getting a Jabba palace Luke?
    I've no idea.

  6. #15086
    I believe we are getting a ROTJ Luke, which may or may not be the Jabbas palace version.

  7. #15087
    Just so long any palace/skiff Luke isn't sculpted with 'windswept' hair like the 3.75 one was. That would make a headswap to the DSII body impossible.

  8. #15088
    Quote Originally Posted by OxnardMontalvo View Post
    That would make a headswap to the DSII body impossible.
    That's been part of Hasbro's game since the beginning though.

  9. #15089
    Quote Originally Posted by OxnardMontalvo View Post
    Just so long any palace/skiff Luke isn't sculpted with 'windswept' hair like the 3.75 one was. That would make a headswap to the DSII body impossible.
    Kind of a random thought, but when you mentioned "palace/skiff Luke" I was thinking how neat it would be to get a 6" scale skiff and maybe a skiff guard or two. Maybe too big of a vehicle for 6"?
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

  10. #15090
    Anyone tried a head swap from the archive X-Wing Luke to the ROTJ Luke?

Page 1509 of 1520 FirstFirst ... 5091009140914591499150715081509151015111519 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •