Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2013

Quote Originally Posted by richalot View Post
    Ok going to throw this one out there for everyone to discuss while I gather more intel. Super-articulated, 6-inch scale line with AMAZING likenesses and detail. What do you think? Would you be in or is it an easy pass?
    This would be an absolute pass for me. I've spent plenty of money to acquire characters like Bane, Revan, Krayt, HK-50 and I could not leave those guys to collect a line of figures that are completely out of scale with them. Add to the high possibility of having to wait years for new-scale versions of those characters and it's an easy decision not to collect those.
    Most Wanted: Realistic Cad Bane, Darth Andeddu, Calo Nord

Quote Originally Posted by Meesa_Mike View Post
    If they abandoned the 3 3/4 line, I'd throw in the towel and call it quits. No hesitation whatsoever.
    Yeah, and not to mention that these larger figures would also require higher prices...not interested! I really think the issues of late with hasbro such as the cancellation of BAD are probably due to Disney acquiring the rights to Star Wars, I mean Disney is probably about to lay down the law, which is probably not good news for Hasbro. I know it will be some time before Disney has complete control over the Star Wars merchandise, but I am Hasbro is wondering what is going to happen, maybe they are collaborating with Disney about what direction to take the Star Wars line in. I just hope we get some good news soon, and I most certainly look forward to the return of TVC!

Ok going to throw this one out there for everyone to discuss while I gather more intel. Super-articulated, 6-inch scale line with AMAZING likenesses and detail. What do you think? Would you be in or is it an easy pass?
    My first reaction is No, thank you. I'll stick to 3 3/4".

Then again, I'd have to see the finished product. Detail, articulation, character selection would all be important... but not as important as price. I honestly can't afford the $10 figures as it is.
    Black Series Most Wanted:
    BODHI ROOK, SAW GERERRA, MOROFF, PAO, ADMIRAL RADDUS, PONDA BABA, DR. EVAZAN
    MOMAW NADON (HAMMERHEAD), YODA (RESCULPT!), BIB FORTUNA, REE-YEES
    WICKET W. WARRICK, LOGRAY, ADMIRAL ACKBAR (ROTJ), COUNT DOOKU, AAYLA SECURA, KI-ADI MUNDI

3 3/4 or bust!! The toys I played with as a kid and those I collect as an adult are all that size. It will suck but if big H goes bigger scale it makes it easier to finish all the holes in my collection with past stuff without worrying what is the latest release date for the newest case out there.

Very easy pass for me as well. I've also invested a lot of time, money, & effort on the 3 3/4 figures, and don't want to spend any $ on an "in-between" new scale of figures. I use the word "in between" because the size is in between the 3 3/4 figures & the 12" (or 1/6) figure line(s) (And, while I'm on the subject of the 12" lines, I consider these completely separate & mutually exclusive from the 3 3/4 line).

And, this is one of the reasons I never really collected the ST figure lines. In most of their '90's-on retail lines from Playmates? and maybe another company (both the TV series & movies lines), they've had three distinct scales: 4"?!, 8" (clothed) or/and 6", and 12". I think this was also the case with the 2009 film as well. Sure, in some cases they look nice, but there's no way I can get all three lines, and it's tough to make a decision which one to collect. Just my .02....

Hasbro has already stated multiple times that they'd never abandon the 4 inch figures, so we dont have to worry about that. If they want to waste time and tooling dollars on a new line of 6 inch figures - they should be ready to explain to their shareholders why another failure occurred.

On the subject of a potential super-articulated 6" line, I would be on the fence about it. If the detail, sculpting and accuracy of the figures doesn't blow me away right out of the starting gate, then it's highly unlikely that I would support the line in any way. I would be interested in seeing 6" versions of OT trooper characters like Stormtroopers, TIE Pilots and Biker Scouts; but even if they looked awesome, I would still be 50/50 on whether I wanted to buy them or not.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Just a limited run(in the sense of characters being made) of the most popular characters would be cool. Basically anyone who wields a light saber and troopers would be good for this line.
    R.I.P. PETER MAYHEW

Thinking about restarting the figure line in a new scale just made me feel 80 years old. I'm just so tired......so.....very.....tired.
    You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    Basically anyone who wields a light saber and troopers would be good for this line.
    That's the main reason that I wouldn't want to see a new 6" line, because I think that's all they would do.

If it stayed a sub-line, then I would be fine with that; but I think that's far too shallow of a character selection for it to completely replace the 3.75" line.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast