Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Europe II: Transportation

On the way there, I'm flying from Chicago to Dusseldorf. On the way back, I'm flying to Lisbon, Portugal, spending 21 hours there, then flying to Newark, NJ. So I get a little side-trip to Portugal. I've been to pretty much every country in Europe already except for Portugal, so when the airline offered this itinerary, I jumped at it... If anyone from Chicago and/or Lisbon is going, LMK!
    Last edited by kenbenobi; 04-19-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    Trade Feedback
    WANTED: 2013 Big G Cereal Pens: Darth Vader and Anakin

I've decided to fly from London to Dusseldorf instead of getting the train : )
    just now got to sort out my travel to the air port and renew my passport tomorrow
    Neil TB7290
    SW CHRONICLES COLLECTION - https://www.facebook.com/pages/SW-Ch...78742722354124

Sub-Lieutenant

•    
    Where you travelling & flying from? I'm going to Heathrow from Southampton, and meeting my buddy there, then on to D/dorf with Lufthansa.

For those who haven't checked it out yet a train from Dusseldorf is 8.90 euros to Essen. It's about 28 miles by taxi which will be pricey.

Sub-Lieutenant

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Cc4rhu View Post
    For those who haven't checked it out yet a train from Dusseldorf is 8.90 euros to Essen. It's about 28 miles by taxi which will be pricey.
    Is there a train station at Dusseldorf airport, or do we have to go into town to find one?

As soon as you come out of the airport it is there. DRR is the train company I believe.

VRR not DRR as you can see in the diagram below.
    Last edited by Richard_H; 06-24-2013 at 11:45 AM.

from what I've read so far that the air port has 3 terminals and once you get out of the airport take
    the skytrain directly to the Dusseldorf Airport Station.

Then you can get a S-Bahn S1train directly to Essen Central Train Station and takes around 35 minutes

Traffic

Düsseldorf Airport - DUS - Train

Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Ruhr - Startseite

Neil TB7290
    SW CHRONICLES COLLECTION - https://www.facebook.com/pages/SW-Ch...78742722354124

I'm flying from Sydney - Dusseldorf via , Dallas, Orlando, Miami and London

•    
    Flying from Glasgow to Dusseldorf and then train to

wish i had waited until now to book flights Im flying Manchester to Dusseldorf because I thought I would be working down that way but now I find Im going to be working at home so could have booked from Glasgow! oh well get there in the end! lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast